Located between Niagara-on-the-Lake (NOL) and Niagara Falls in convenient to both areas. This property consists of a Bed and Breakfast style house with several charming suites and an adjacent inn which is well apointed and much like a nice Hampton Inn.
We chose this place because we needed to take 4 families with 7 children from ages 7-19 and all stay together in an affordable (not cheap) place in the NOL area. Nnte B&B's in NOL fill up quick are limited to 3 rooms and generally only two may three to a room.
This place is located next to the Queenston Heights Park which has the Brock monument. It is also by the Print Mueum and the Laura Secord House.
While convenient to places by car, it is remote, has no in rooms phones or internet (hense no email to hotel so disregard address I put in to post review) but there is TV. Many of the rooms have gas in wall fireplaces and all are airconditioned. Parking is plentiful and free.
For five dollars extra you can have a simple breakfast, eggs, and toast or pancankes, juice and coffe. This breakfast is for people who want to eat breakfast on site. The eating area is cozy and the host (owner was away so their son and daughter were inn keeping) was very nice. They are happy to share information but they didn't have the typical tourist magazine giveaways with maps.
Other than noted above, there is nothng else withing walking distance (ie shop or cafe). The Niagara Bike Parkway runs past the place and If you are bicyclest it is geat.
The Inn has a lot of return business and caters to people who know how to do their own thing and don't need lots of Kitch. I would stay there again and so would my wife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Landing Inn, circa 1827, features the quiet, unspoiled charm of a country inn situated in the quaint, historical village of Queenston.Nestled in one of Canada's most popular tourist destinations we are surrounded by history, only minutes from the world renowned Shaw Festival Theatre, fine and casual dining, music, vineyards and wine tours in Niagara-on-the-Lake.Sightseeing and historic sites abound in Queenston and along the Niagara River Parkway.A leisurely drive in the other direction on the Parkway takes you to Niagara Falls and all its breathtaking beauty, excitement and fun activities.If you are interested in more physical activities, you will find fishing, boating, golfing and just steps away, the extensive Niagara Parkway's bicycle / walking / nature trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your South Landing Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Landing Hotel Queenston
- South Landing Inn Queenston, Canada - Ontario