“Clean, Cute & Comforting” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Windmill Point Park & Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ridgeway
Windmill Point Park & Campground
Ontario, Canada
“Clean, Cute & Comforting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

About 15 years ago, I would tell you that Windmill was definitely a party place that I would bring my girlfriends for a good night out. Now that I am a mother, I took my kids there hearing that the place has changed... And boy has it! I couldn`t believe my eyes as I walked around. It is by far one of the cleanest campgrounds that I have ever been to. The kids absolutely loved it as well. There are water trampolines, slides, paddle boats, fishing, snorkelling, kids games, and they even rent out free movies for rainy days. Our black lab even had a great time... The staff gave him a treat every time he walked by! You can certainly tell that the park is family owned because of how much hard work they put into everything within the park. One thing is for sure, Windmill`s priority is not to make a profit, but to make happy and satisfied customers.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Cathy246

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Thai first
Muskoka District, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Windmill point park and campground is more of an RV park than a campground. There are LOTS of permanent RVs and mobile homes and very few RV overnight campgrounds. There are a of tent sites.
The RV Park and the campground are separated by a good distance. The RV park itself is very well maintained and looks attractive.
The overnite RV sites back on to the 12 acre spring fed quarry. Water and electricity is available but no sewer hookups.
The staff is friendly and helpful. We have stayed here twice before because the campground is located right on the Friendship bike trail between Fort Erie and Port Colborne (and connecting with Niagara Circle route)
The only negative is that the overnight cost for an RV is unusualy high at $52.00. We have stayed here only because of our membership in a 1/2 price campground RV club.
We would recommend the campground if you can affort it!

Room Tip: Limited number of sites, so in summer months reserve or arrive early!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Joe_Ursano
Salmon Arm, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

If you like the very public campgrounds, where you are constantly surrounded by others, Then this is the campground for you. Windmill point is built around the quarry, that is about 26 ft deep at its deepest point.

There are quite a few camper trailers that call this place home. Most people here are very friendly , and this is a very safe place. The gates are closed at night, and the owners/ management are always on hand.

The park is commonly used as a SCUBA training facility, with its warmer waters, training platforms, and sunken items. There are at least 5 different boats that have been submerged here for your enjoyment. The quarry is stocked with fish and presents a great opportunity to get a safe relaxing dive in

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Dwaynev
Welland, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, beautiful camp ground! I was first against camping here but my husband really wanted to & so did the kids, so I caved & boy am I glad I did!! We had so much fun! I was also against swimming in the quarry thinking it would be not clean, but I was wrong again, it was so clean that I could see the bottom, it is so much cleaner then any beach in the area!! My kids & I were in the water every moment we got!! They did fun activities for the kids & adults, also the seasonal campers made my family feel welcome there which was great! As we have been other places where the seasonal campers were not so friendly:( We can't get enough of this place & have already booked our second camping trip there for the next long weekend:). We camped here in a pop-up trailer.

• Stayed August 2012
      Rooms
8 Thank Dianna R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeway
Haven Motel
Haven Motel
#4 of 6 in Fort Erie
Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Riverside Park Motel and Campground

Been to Windmill Point Park & Campground? Share your experiences!