Windmill Point Park & Campground
Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre(Fort Erie)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$84
Priceline
Comfort Inn Fort Erie(Fort Erie)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$215
Westin.com
Haven Motel(Fort Erie)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspicnic tablesbike trailporta pottiesowners and stafftonscirclegatebabies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Used a wagjag deal to go there with our 4 kids. Lots of fun activities for them. Awesome and friendly staff! Night security always keeping an eye on things and we felt safe.
Bathrooms were gross but it is a campground. Wish they had a pool though for those who dont like the deep quarry. It is beautiful though!
Camping with a trailer woukd have been better than a tent. Great place!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Diva G
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had biked in on the long Canada day weekend for 1 night. The people were very nice, lots of people came to talk to us and make us feel welcome. Night security came and introduced themselves in the evening so we felt safe and confident that if there was an issue we would find help. The park was well kept. Showers were okay, but no control over water temperature. Unfortunately there was a noisy bunch just next to our site. Security took care of it in a responsible fashion but we still did hear the noise. For tenting, the water points and lavatories were a bit far. Otherwise a nice experience, but if I go back I will avoid the holiday weekends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MTLcyclebuff
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I have been retired for about 5 years now. Last year, we went around Canada in our RV (39 foot fifth wheel) and we stopped at Windmill around midnight. We were absolutely beat and getting a little cranky. The park was closed and therefore the gates were closed (obviously) and I guess someone saw our lights so they came to greet us. The man let us into the park, showed us to our serviced site, and told us to just sleep and relax and to settle everything the next day. That was just absolutely awesome.
The next day, we got up around 9:00am and I went to pay for the site. It was a little bit pricey, but that's because of the great quality of the campground. Personally, I would much rather pay a little more to stay somewhere beautiful than pay an alright price for a mediocre site. I can't even describe to you how beautiful and clean this place is. My dog Tango had a nice ledge that he could swim off of and he was pooped by the end of the day. Also, my husband loves to run with Tango, and the friendship trail is right outside their park, and every time he came in from a run, the girls at the front would pet Tango and give him a treat or two.. or six! haha! The customer service was absolutely fantastic. Everyone in the park did everything they could to make our stay comfortable, and personally that's what I look for when I stay away from home.
Also, for those people coming with families, they do have A LOT of kids activities. We did not take part, but I wish we would have!
So, for the families, younger couples, older couples, or anyone really... Windmill is an awesome place to spend the weekend. One thing is for certain, you will not be bored! I don't really recommend it for people who want to use it as a party place though, it's more of a family campground. Sure, my husband and I had a few drinks, but they have an 11:00pm quite time so people usually don't get too crazy after that time. But overall, absolutely fantastic. It's places like this that are truly comforting!! By the way, this definitely makes our top 3 campgrounds that we stayed at on our travels throughout Canada!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Heather C
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our family stayed here in a 16' hybrid trailer. Everything about this park was ideal: the quarry was clean for swimming, sites were big and open, staff was very friendly, and our view was lovely! Security staff made their presence known each evening to ensure the parties did not get out of hand. Bathroom and shower areas were also clean & well maintained. We plan to make this a regular haunt!

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank heatherpat3
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My wife, myself and my children went to Windmill as a last minute vacation for the kids. We went into this place not having any information about the park or what they had to offer. Just saw the sign on the road. We were greeted with a little bit of a line up at the gate, but once we got in everything was spectacular. The kids had an absolutely fantastic time. They went snorkelling, paddle boating and fishing and that gave my wife and I time alone together that was well overdue. We also loved the free movies that they play on a huge projection screen in the "Event Tent".

We didn't pack too much food so the snack bar on site was very convenient. Kind of pricey but that's to be expected at a campground. Overall very good food. Their menu had tons to offer. We tried a new thing each day. Of course the kids ordered their fries and slushies but the wife and I really enjoyed the wraps and subs.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They answered all of our questions and always talked to us with a smile on their face. It was obvious they took pride in their park and tried their very best to make sure everyone was happy.

This is my new favourite campground. I can't believe it was hiding just in Fort Erie!

Room Tip: Cliffside has a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family