Second stay here, and it was generally satisfactory. I stayed in a ground floor room in the newer part (“the tower”?), which has a patio door into the parking lot. This was quite handy for me as I had a heavy luggage to bring in, other guests might appreciate it or dislike it depending on your preference. Room was comfortable and seemed just a little bit nicer/newer than the older section of the hotel that I stayed in last time. Desk in this room was situated in such a way that I could work at the desk and swivel the tv enough to be able to watch/listen while working on my laptop, which I liked. Room had a fridge and a microwave which was a big plus for me.
I ate at the hotel twice in this visit, (they were giving out coupons to Priority Club members which was great!) once in the lounge and once in the restaurant. Chicken wings in the lounge were tasty but not as good as Boston Pizza. In the restaurant I had the pulled pork on rosti appetizer, which was both unique and quite good, and a pizza. The pizza was tasty and big enough that I took most of it back to the room with me for breakfast the next day. Service was great in both areas.
Pros – Handy access from parking lot, restaurant food and service was good. Comfortable clean room.
Cons – Nice LCD TV, but the HDMI inputs are disabled by the Lodgenet tv provider (which many hotel chains have), which means that the TV you can’t hook anything up to the TV (e.g. Xbox, laptop, iPad etc.) Most people won’t worry about this, but I had been hoping to watch some movies I brought with me and was pretty disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel In Sarnia Offers Quality Service With beautiful views of the marina and the comforts of home, you can expect a relaxing stay at the Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel and Conference Center in Point Edward, ON. Our hotel's convenient location is 10 km from Sarnia Chris Hadfield Airport (YZR). From the Point Edward Charity Casino to Centennial Park, numerous attractions surround our hotel's guests. In Sarnia, you can visit the Sarnia Sports & Entertainment Center, see a show at the Imperial Theatre or shop at Lambton Mall. Golfers can enjoy a game at our own 9-hole Holiday Inn Golf Course or one of the many greens throughout Sarnia. Lodging here is also beneficial for business travelers working with Aamjiwnaang First Nations, Ontario Power Generation, UWO Research Park, Chemical Valley, the Canadian Coast Guard and more. Our hotel's amenities include over 12,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, business suites and a 24-hour business centre to meet your corporate needs. We go beyond other hotels in Sarnia to bring you the comforts of home, such as the on-site Bridges Bistro and Freightor's Lounge, an indoor and an outdoor pool, a hot tub, a sauna and a fitness centre. Our Sarnia hotel's rooms feature work areas with free high-speed Internet access, large TVs, spacious layouts and beautiful views. We are also 4 Green Keys - Environmentally! You'll enjoy a comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn hotel- Sarnia.Local pictures courtesy of TSL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Sarnia
- Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel And Conf Center
- Sarnia Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center Canada - Ontario