“Couldn't of asked for more”

Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Me and my husband stayed over the weekend, and found the Holiday Inn to be very excited and accommodating not to mention the amazing staff that are there for your every need, and the room was very clean smelt good,very bright. I highly recommend the Holiday Inn you will never be board lots to do in and around the Inn. I will for sure go back and stay for another weekend.

• Stayed: May 2012
Rachel B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

It is wonderful to read that our hotel met your every need while visiting the Sarnia/Point Edward area! Thank you for your sharing your experience with everyone. You are correct, there is so many thing to do in the surrounding area, such as excellent shopping, theatre's featuring a variety of shows, beaches, bike trails, nature trails, boat cruises, and parks... I could go on, however travellers please feel free to visit Tourism Sarnia Lambton's website for so many more listings of events and acitvities. I look forward to your return visit!
Hilary Higgins
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 11 May 2012

The hotel is good. Not great, but good. I stayed in the tower side and the room decor could use a designer's touch at least to bring it into this decade, but it is clean and comfortable. Internet in the room is at a good speed.

The hotel restaurant is fantastic! Great food and a great selection, although service could use a little polishing. The food is of such calbre that it is worthy of a more polished service. You have to try the gnocchi. Don't expect pasta though! What impressed me is the focus on locally grown items.

Priority Club members get fresh fruit and cookies, as well as bottled water in the lounge just off the entrance, at 4pm.

This hotel is located just at the base of the bridge to the US. It is 3.25$ to go over and 3$ to come back. I succumbed to the temptation of cross-border shopping but regretted my decision 60 minutes into my 90 minute wait to cross the border. You don't see the actual line-up until you are at the middle of the bridge and save swimming, there is not other route to allow for changing your mind. On the other side is a typical bordertown with a Macys, Walmart supercentre, and a regular mall. Of course, there other stores but none that interested me.

Although there are many trucks going over the brigde, the hotel seems to be adequately well insulated so the constant noise is not so bad.

All in all, a solid business hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Rachel B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Your review provided everyone with some very good detail on the hotel and all of it's services. We appreciate that you recognized our efforts in providing fresh, locally grown foods in Bridges restaurant. We have partnered with over a dozen local farms who supply us daily with our menu ingredients...from eggs to herbs and from beef to fish. We are very fortunate to be situated in an area surrounded by so many high quality local vendors who share our passion for great food prepared and cooked in a healthy way.
In addition, we are glad to see that you enjoyed our local Prioroty Club "perks" as we do like to show our appreciation for our frequent travellers. New guests to the hotel can sign up complimentary via the Front Desk (or online) in less than 5 minutes. As an FYI to our cross border shoppers, you can find a web site on-line via Google that offers up-to-date wait times and live cameras for the Blue Water Bridge. Thanks for staying with us and for all of your comments.
Geoff Eisenbraun

Reviewed 10 May 2012

We have stayed in this Hotel a week ago for a couple of days, during our business trip...And I don't know where to begin - the staff was beyond friendly, veeery helpful in getting whatever we needed. The Bridges restaurant is one of the best restaurants I've been to whithin couple of last years. All the dishes were delicious!!!! The room was veery clean, and the lady that was cleaning the room was also very friendly) No complains what so ever. The best hotel in town!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: we had a room in a tower building, it is a newer part of the hotel with elevator
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Platok

This review is really fantastic to read!! I am so glad that your experience from employee interaction to dining in Bridges to a super clean room was...... "the best"!!! We hope to see you back soon and thanks for sharing.
Geoff Eisenbraun

Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

Holliday Inn Sarnia is by far the best hotel we have stayed in the past several years. It surpases any higher star rated hotels by amazing servise and stuff at the hotel. The restaurant is absolutely fantastic. The chef is a megician. We have traveled a lot. You can find food like this in the best restaurants in Toronto. It is a must to try the Bridges restaurant. The rooms - perfectly clean and neat. The servise at its possible best. We needed extra pillows we got the right away. All is so perfect about this hotel. The breakfast was included in our package and it was fabulous. This is the top choice hotel for Sarnia and surrounding area. Stay there and you will love everything!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank guestathotel
GMSarnia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

WOW!! What a wonderful review and thank you so much for all of this great feedback. I do appreciate the time you took to share your experience and I am so glad that you had such a fantastic stay with us. Once you are back this way, we look forward to being your hosts again.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

This was a truly romantic stay. The Sarnia Holiday Inn hotel is halfway between my home in Canada and my friend's home in the U.S. and so that is how we chose this location to meet. The Tripadvisor reviews were quite positive and I have to say I can't think of anything bad to say about it. We were able to get an upgraded room for just a few more dollars. The room was large,clean, and quiet. But most importantly,all the staff were so friendly and helpful. For that matter everyone in Sarnia was super friendly and pleasant. I was very proud to be a Canadian introducing an American friend to Canada for the first time.

We enjoyed the large pool and the hot tub too.! We only had one dinner in the hotel restaurant ,but it was excellent as was the wait staff.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would return for another stay in the future.

Room Tip: Room on the back side is quieter than front (truck traffic coming off of the Blue Water Bridge)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
GMSarnia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

I am proud that we could be a part of such a memorable experience!! I really appreciate your positive review as you clearly found this site to be helpful in making your decision where to stay. As we are directly adjacent to the US/Canada border crossing at foot of the Bluewater bridge, we are a convenient location to both US and Canadian travellers alike.
From your review, it looks like you enjoyed many aspects of your stay; the most impactful being the people. I was glad to read that our representation of Canadians made you proud! Thank you for the hotel recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We just returned from a 2 night stay in the Tower at the Holiday Inn. We had a suite which was excellent to entertain guests. We were in Sarnia to attend our nieces' wedding. There were about 70 out of town guest staying at the Inn as well.

The rooms were clean, comfortable and everyone was happy with their accommodations. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.

We did not eat in the dining room, but those who did thought the food was excellent, but very expensive.

Next visit to Sarnia we will definitely book the Holiday Inn

Room Tip: The Tower is the place to be; easy access to elevator, parking lot, if you have a party with you you...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

As we host many weddings and special events throughout the year, I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience on your niece's special day. With 217 guest rooms (including a variety of Suites) and over 12,000 sqaure feet of event space, we are a perfect venue for any special occasion.
It sounds like you and your entire group had a great stay with us....from "friendly service to clean and comfortable rooms." Thanks for sharing and I look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Second stay here, and it was generally satisfactory. I stayed in a ground floor room in the newer part (“the tower”?), which has a patio door into the parking lot. This was quite handy for me as I had a heavy luggage to bring in, other guests might appreciate it or dislike it depending on your preference. Room was comfortable and seemed just a little bit nicer/newer than the older section of the hotel that I stayed in last time. Desk in this room was situated in such a way that I could work at the desk and swivel the tv enough to be able to watch/listen while working on my laptop, which I liked. Room had a fridge and a microwave which was a big plus for me.

I ate at the hotel twice in this visit, (they were giving out coupons to Priority Club members which was great!) once in the lounge and once in the restaurant. Chicken wings in the lounge were tasty but not as good as Boston Pizza. In the restaurant I had the pulled pork on rosti appetizer, which was both unique and quite good, and a pizza. The pizza was tasty and big enough that I took most of it back to the room with me for breakfast the next day. Service was great in both areas.

Pros – Handy access from parking lot, restaurant food and service was good. Comfortable clean room.

Cons – Nice LCD TV, but the HDMI inputs are disabled by the Lodgenet tv provider (which many hotel chains have), which means that the TV you can’t hook anything up to the TV (e.g. Xbox, laptop, iPad etc.) Most people won’t worry about this, but I had been hoping to watch some movies I brought with me and was pretty disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
GMSarnia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Great to have you back in the hotel and we appreciate you sharing your experiences with everyone. Your review describes one of our newly renovated Queen guest rooms which is located adjacent to the Tower. I was pleased to read that the patio door access with lots of natural light provided a comfortable and convenient working area that met all of your needs. As you mentioned, we do have knowleagable and friendly people serving delicious food in Bridges restaurant and Freighters lounge. Both of these areas offer a range of unique menu items prepared daily using fresh local ingredients. With respect to the HDMI inputs on our flat screens, we are in the process of determining the best method to enable our guests to have portable media access during their stay with us. This should be resolved in the near future.