“Decent acomodations”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Decent acomodations”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I travel to Sarnia 10 or 15 times per year and normal choice was booked solid. I chose Comfort inn based on reviews here. Overall, this is a decent, but somewhat basic place to stay. Room was a bit smallish, but OK for my needs. Everything clean and everything worked. Bed was comfortable and I slept soundly. Hotel staff were very friendly and outgoing and willing to do whatever they could to make the stay pleasant. I was surprised at how quiet things were. My room was directly behind the lobby/front desk and I only recall hearing anything one time, sounde like someone dropped a book or such. Breakfast was included; it was again a basic hot breakfast - eggs, sausage, fruit, bread, muffins, cereal, coffee and juice. Second morning the hash browns were cooked to a total crisp and inedible.
Parking adjacent is limited with a large lot across the road next to the 402.

Bottom line, I would not hesitate to stay here again, especially if only a night or two. Considering the included breakfast, the rate was about 35-40% lower than Holiday Inn cost, so overall a good value in my opinion..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JS-VA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Winona
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stay at Comfort Inns quite a bit. This was less than average for Comfort Inn. I don't consider it a good value for the price. The room was small and the bathroom was one of the smallest hotel bathrooms I have been in. The shower pressure was poor. The breakfast items were barely warm. There was no desk or table to use my laptop.

The staff were friendly and the place was clean, but later in my trip I got a room at another motel that was cheaper and ten times better.

I had a big truck and trailer and the parking was very good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JLet55
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We are a family of four and we stayed here for one nite to break up our drive to the US. The breakfast was great and set up earlier than was posted which allowed us to get on our way even earlier in the morning. The staff was friendly and the room was very basic. Unfortunately it was a very poor sleep as the AC unit would start up with a large "bang" every 30 minutes or so and wake us up.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I really cannot fathom how this hotel is ranked #4 out of so many hotels in the area. Yes, it's older and the rooms are clean. But the lobby is old, dark, outdated and needs a fresh coat of paint and some decor. When we pulled in to the parking lot there were several men without their shirts on drinking beer. Not really the image I want to see when I am on a border town and paying $125 a night. The A/C unit made a lot of racket, the beds were old and the pillows were awful! I did not sleep one wink. The hallways reeked of smoke and the elevators needed a good cleaning. I would recommend the other hotels in the area that are closer to the waterfront.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank T B
Marion,IN
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have stayed here before so I knew what to expect and was not disappointed until I got off the elevator on the 3rd floor. I reeked like a stale ashtray so bad that I thought if the room smells this bad I'm leaving. The room itself was clean and the tobacco smell wasn't noticed but to be sure I placed a dampened towel at the base of the door. There is a sign by the elevator that states half of the 3rd floor is smoking and the other half is non-smoking. Now it's not rocket science so someone should have figured out that the tobacco smell would not stay on the smoking half just because the sign says so. The best scenario is to go all non-smoking like the Comfort Inn-East in Sudbury or designate one floor as smoking and the others non-smoking. Other than that my stay was great, breakfast was super and checking in & out was a breeze.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 732MPD
Albion, Indiana
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stay at this hotel almost every other week and have never been disappointed. Barb and her staff are among the most accomodating you can encounter when travelling and its location so close to the US/Canada border makes it very handy indeed. Rooms are clean and well taken care of, Wifi is flawless and Tim Hortons is just a short drive away....!!!! Always a pleasure to roll in here after a long day knowing that you will be assure a good stay. Many thanks Barb and all your dedicated employees.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to background highway noise....request a room on the side of the hotel away fro...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The staff were excellent, the rooms were clean and well looked after. We were there for a hockey tournament and the staff made sure we had everything we needed, they catered to our kids and made sure the parents had a place to socialize. Their added touches of posting good luck signs in the elevators for all to see was a special touch. We stay in an average of 12 hotels per year in Canada and the USA and this hotel was by far the best hotel for customer service we have stayed at.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family