“Excellent value for the dollar”
Review of Super 8 Sarnia ON

Super 8 Sarnia ON
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Pros: Room was clean. Beds were comfy. Relatively quiet. reasonably priced. Check in and out were painless.

Cons: Hallways smelled like stale cigarette smoke. Carpets have obviously not been changed in *years*. Showers were lukewarm. Stayed there with several friends, most of whom reported something in their room being broken. Breakfast was disgusting (we opted for the McDonald's across the way) and the breakfast "room" sat no more than 4 people (We were told 'take a tray up to your room')

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Super8Sarnia, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Sarnia ON, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Ptbo_Traveler,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am very sorry about the problems you experienced during the stay. Our carpets are actually one year old and we had them cleaned a week ago.

As for the smell in the corridor, we do have 4 smoking rooms in our hotel and sometime the smell of the smoke does permiate to the hallway when people go in and out of their rooms. We are always happy to move guests who report any issues with the location of the room that they were given. This ofcourse if other options are available at the time.

Our breakfast consists of:
Muffins, Bagles, Cream CHeese, Waffles, Hot & Cold Cereal, Egg Patties, Apples, Yoghurt, Bagels, White and Wholewheat Bread, Orange & Apple Juice Tea and Coffee and HOT CHOCOLATE. I am not sure what was "disgusting" about what you saw but again, we welcome all feedback that guests give us and suggestions as to what else we can offer for breakfast considering we offer breakfast as per the Super 8 Brand Standards.

Yes, our breakfast room is small at the moment but as you mentioned you are welcome to take your tray back to your room.

Once again, thank you for your review and hope that you give us another try when in the Sarnia Area.

Kind Regards,

Julie
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The room was perfectly clean, did not smell like clorine or like stale smoke. Harry at the front desk was helpful and kind. My needs were met completely. Free wifi that worked, free fridge, easy access to outlets. Simple, more than adequate. It is the only place I will stay in Sarnia!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Super8Sarnia, General Manager at Super 8 Sarnia ON, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your current stay at Super 8 sarnia. I am glad that you liked your stay with us and we are definitely looking forward to have you come back and stay with us. It is our goal to provide a clean place to stay for all our guests. Thank you for your continue business with Super 8 in Sarnia.
Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was in Sarnia for work Jul 23-26, 2013. Someone had recommended this place because it was close to the work location . It turned out to be a terrible experience. I checked in late on 22 july 2013, and found the room very dusty with other people's hair on the bed. The next day, the house keeper was solicitous and promised to clean the room better. To my great dismay, I was bitten by bedbugs and my blood stained the beddings. When I brought this to the attention of , Ravi Patel at the desk, he dismissed it as nothing and was very rude. When I requested to speak to the manager, he said I could not because he was the owner.
So far, I have sent a few notes to a Kiran Khaira who is supposedly the General Manager and never got a reply from him/her. This tells you that this company is not interested in Customer Service.
DO NOT STAY HERE. YOU WILL GET EATEN ALIVE BY BED BUGS.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ojemma1
Dear guest,

Thank you for your current stay at Super 8 in Sarnia. I apologize for any inconvenience in regards to your stay. After each and every single concern or comment of our valuable guest, we always try to take care of any issues right away and try to satisfy our guest. We have no bed bugs at our property. We called the inspection department and they could not find anything such as bed bugs. We thoroughly inspect the whole area. I can understand that due to the change in weather, there are different types of insects can enter through the windows and doors. But Trust me, we do not have bed bugs.

Also the place is definitely not out dated. We have brand new furniture in all the rooms. All the rooms have fridge, microwave and in process of installing new LED TV's in all the rooms. Our goal is to provide an exceptional customer service to all our guest and clean rooms.

I would encourage you to please make a visit again and enjoy our clean rooms and customer service.