“Pleasant stay in Sarnia”
Review of The Gables Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Gables Inn
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I recently stayed for 5 days at The Gables Inn, Sarnia, while visiting family in the area. My room was in the newly renovated and "deluxe" section of the motor court. The room was clean and adequate for my needs. I was far enough back in the facility to not have any road noise. The bathroom was clean but I was glad I packed my own toiletries and hair dryer--only the bare necessities were supplied. (I had to laugh about the single, wire hanger provided in the closet for my use.) I enjoyed the college-sized refrigerator and wireless wi-fi. The bed was comfy and I had plenty of pillows. There are many reasonably prices restaurant nearby, in addition to a Tim Hortons less than a quarter mile away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back of the property, away from the busy London Line Road. Remember to bri...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Dallasgal56

Reviewed 19 December 2011

My family and I had a lovely stay and were really pleased with service at The Gables Inn. They had newly renovated rooms with beds that had fluffy pillows and warm blankets, new up-to-date bathrooms and a modern kitchen with all the utensils and cookware we needed. They also have wireless internet which was working just fine for us. It was just so BEAUTIFUL compared to the dump we stayed at our last visit to Sarnia. The staff was willing to help and had a very welcoming aura to them.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again in the future! Thanks again, you definitely made our stay enjoyable...!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Malito Y
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The room was very cold, it woke me up a couple of times in the night from being cold. I had a big problem getting internet connection. When I needed to talk to the front desk no one answered the phone, you had to call them somewhere else, took about an hour to get on line. They tell you you have high speed internet, yet it was slower then dial up I kept loosing connection with my face book friends Over all I would never stay in this motel again

Room Tip: Stay some where else even if you have to pay a little more
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Tassilo E
Reviewed 27 October 2011

This family-run at-door motel is currently called Knights Inn, but I'm posting this review under The Gables as that's what everyone calls it (and, as the arrangement with Wyndham is only for a year, it's always possible the name may once again change back to The Gables). It's an older motel, but my room was large and excellently maintained; the bathroom too was quite large though there was no tub, only a shower (no problem as far as I was concerned). There was a fridge and microwave in the room, and they lent me an ethernet cable which allowed me to work at a convenient desk. (Half of the rooms have wireless, half ethernet; ask about this, if it's an issue for you.) There's no breakfast - not surprising for $60 including tax - but there's a Tim's a block away and, right next door, there's a diner-style restaurant with a good atmosphere. (I ate there last night.) The location is on a main road but the rooms are quiet, and the motel is easy to reach from the 402. To sum up: I felt I was getting excellent value without having to surrender comfort or cleanliness. Arriving on a rainy night and looking at The Gables' modest exterior I wondered if I'd made the right choice, but it turned out that staying here was an object lesson in not judging a book (or, in this case, a motel) by its cover.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank botafogoblogger
TheGablesInn, Manager at The Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Thank you for this wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We are honoured that you chose to stay with us during your visit to Sarnia. It was so nice to meet you.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed the ambience of our room, our hotel and services.
We certainly don't feel as if we go out of our way at all. Our guests happiness and comfort is our purpose at The GablesInn. We are thankful to have had the opportunity to share our hotel with you and we hope to see you again. Always with pleasure,
The Gables Inn.

This response is the subjective

Reviewed 2 October 2011

My fiance and I just spent Friday evening in Sarnia for a family wedding the next day, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Gables. From the friendly helpful staff, to the comfy bed, we were very impressed. We were given a brand new refurbished room that had a BRAND NEW bathroom. After a not so pleasant stay at a dump down the road in July, this was heaven for us, and we will be back in the future and know we will stay at Gables Inn! Thanks again, you made our visit worthwhile!

Room Tip: Request a refurbished room
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank TheJules2006
TheGablesInn, Manager at The Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2011

Thank you TheJules2... for taking the time to let us know that your recent stay here at The GablesInn met with your satisfaction. It is gratifying to know that your stay, have been exceptionally good. We sincerely appreciate and value your repeat patronage. We will continue all efforts to make sure that all of your stays with us are enjoyable.... The staff and management take great pride in the Hotel and the service that we provide our guests. Your comments are an affirmation that diligence and team work lead to satisfied customers.
We were very pleased that you chose to stay with us during your visit to Sarnia. We were honoured that you enjoyed and appreciated the rooms and decor.

We never feel as if we are going out of our way to satisfy our valued guests, you. Our guests happiness and comfort is our purpose and goal here at The Knights Inn. We are thankful to have had the opportunity to share our services with you and we hope to see you again in the near future. Always with pleasure!

Reviewed 12 August 2011

we stayed one night on a cross-country trip. room was clean and the furniture a bit outdated. bathroom had been remodeled and it was very nice. great value. staff very accommodating and polite. someone mentioned how nice the beds were - they were great

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank Alice H
TheGablesInn, Manager at The Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

It is very gratifying to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Knights Inn. The staff and management take great pride in the Hotel and the service that we provide our guests. Your comments are an affirmation that diligence and team work lead to satisfied customers.We sincerely appreciate and value your repeat patronage. We will continue all efforts to make sure that all of your stays with us are enjoyable.... Our thanks to you, for letting us know! We hope to see you again soon.
Thank you again for choosing and recommending the Knights Inn - Sarnia!

Reviewed 15 June 2011

We stayed at this property recently for an out of town visit. We stayed in the newer efficiency unit and were very pleased with the location, our room and hotel amenities. Bed was so comfortable- best night's sleep I had in weeks! The room has been renovated recently so everything was new and modern. Rooms were a good size, comfortable beds, excellent lighting, renovated bathroom and the fully equipped new kitchen was an appreciated bonus. Internet connection was good.The staff were most hospitable and graciously offered a late check-out to suit out time needs. It was very convenient having a John's restaurant next door after a long day of travel. Both dinner and breakfast exceeded our expectations. We'd have no hesitation recommending this property and would definitely stay there again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family