“Wonderful Motel, Best so far!”
Review of Adams Motel

Adams Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sault Ste. Marie
Adams Motel
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Just checked into our room, and already this is the best room so far on our bc to ontario road trip! The price is great, the front desk lady kind and personable and the room just plain wonderful.
Driving across Canada we've been staying in budget friendly motels. As I said above BEST so far. The room is not only clean and visually appealing with all amenities in working order, but there are nice touches like decorative folding of the towels and glass drinking glasses rather than your usual disposable plastic ones.

We are so pleased with our relaxing little room and will pass the word on to other travelers and definitely stay again on other trips!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
soo4you, General Manager at Adams Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

We are always thankful for our valued guests kind words. We have always strived to be a very clean and fair valued motel and is very pleasing to have people take time out of their busy schedules to share their experiences with others. Thanks again, and we at the Adams Motel, hope to see you again if your travels take you through our area.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

On a trip around Superior we pulled into Sault Ste Marie late in the evening, The location is what grabbed our attention after originally intending on heading further into downtown. All we really wanted was somewhere clean, comfy, cheap and most importantly close to a restaurant.

Adams Motel ticked all the boxes, the lady on reception was very friendly even kept smiling when I called her over having trouble locking the room when going out, my fault after a long drive, not the doors.

The room was basic as expected but both beds (our little girl loved her smaller one) were comfortable and we made use of the tv, fridge and iron available. There are many restaurants close by but our choice to walk next door to Chicago Pizza worked out well.

All told this was a great place to stay for the price and convenience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your words of encouragement, we are always grateful that we could make our guests stay at satisfying experience ... thanks again and please come again..!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I always like to stay in motels that are not chains, and Adams Motel is literally in the shadow of a corporate behemoth. So I felt good about making the choice to stay here. Until I actually STAYED there. It's a beat-down place, although the room was clean. There's a skeevy edge to the Adams. The walls are thin enough that you can hear the drunken laughter, then the arguing, and finally the grunting/moaning from other rooms. Remember the 1960s creepy-funny show titled "The Addams Family"? I was flashing on that here.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bukko_Canukko
soo4you, General Manager at Adams Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

We are a motel, and generally our room charge is much less then the larger chain hotels, but having said that, we still offer, very clean comfortable rooms with free WiFi, small fridges, in-room coffee makers and enhanced Cable TV . We are very surprised and very sorry that this person had a bad experience. We have always strived to maintained the Adams Motel to higher standard of comfort and cleanliness. Unfortunately, we had no way of knowing there was any issues and thus, no way to address them. Nothing was reported or said at anytime, to any staff member during the entire stay or at check out. A simple phone call to the front desk would have received immediate attention to any concerns. Had we been made aware of, or had the opportunity at anytime to address any concerns we are confident we could have taken steps to satisfy any worries what so ever.

Over the last 19 years, we take great pride in what we do here at the Adams Motel, but in these days of open forums everyone is entitled to their own opinions and reviews. Clearly, your opinion of this property, differs greatly from the majority of our many guests. In closing we would happily welcome you back and ensured your stay here with us would be a most satisfying experience.

Thanks for taking the time to read our reply.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Since 1985, this writer along with friends and family have visited the Sault to enjoy the Algoma Central Rail Tour both during the winter and fall seasons. We stayed at the Adams Motel each and every time. The construction of new motels nearby was never an enticement to spend our evenings anywhere but at the Adams Motel. From the moment one connects with the front desk to check in and all the in-betweens to checking out is accomplished efficiently giving off the impression our stay as well as our return visit was of great importance to them. The condition of the rooms reflect a place of business that is considerate of their guests' safety and comfort. The exterior grounds are welcoming in appearance. All-in-all, if you are looking for a nice place to spend one or several evenings, your money will be well spent by making the Adams Motel your home away from home.

Room Tip: All room locations are good choices.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
soo4you, General Manager at Adams Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thanks very much for your kind words,

Reviewed 10 March 2013

The room was small but clean. The deadbolt in the door did not work. Room had a bar fridge and smaller tv. Close to shopping and restaurants. Overall a little over priced but fine if you only want a place to sleep.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank hagler
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Front desk fellow asked too many personal questions and I didnt feel I could confront this because he had all my information already.
Found beer cap and one other piece of debris on floor of room.
Door did not have safety lock, so I had to pull bed in front of door. Slept poorly.
Wasn't that cheap.
Wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Would rather have paid little extra for peace of mind and good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank maanii
repeteToronto, Owner at Adams Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

It is quite unfortunate that someone chose to write an unfavourable review about us. There were no complaints brought to our attention, so there's really no way for us to help out or offer any solutions.

I’m not snoopy, the information we require is common and industry wide, we must have pertinent info concerning all our guests for our records and for safety purposes. I am always friendly with customers, and yes I chat with them about how their day has been, or if the highways were in good condition (snow), and if I don’t recognize where they’re from .. I’ll ask, just because I’m interested to know myself that’s all. I do not prod into their personal lives. Over the past 18 years it is very common for customers to chat about where they’re from, and where they’re going and many other things in general. I will chat back with them trying to make them feel welcome, but never in the 18 yrs did anyone ever take offence to it.

I do recall this guest, and yes she seemed a little stand off-ish at the time, but she may have been having a bad day ! She didn’t mention or complain about anything during her stay or at the time of check out. Customers can easily phone the front desk and asked for assistance, or let us know if anything was out of place in their room or anything they may want answers to. Our prices are about middle of the road, there are many higher and some are lower. If she felt in any way the price was not what she wanted to pay we do not force travellers to stay, there is ample opportunity before checking in to decide not to stay with us. It’s difficult or near impossible to satisfy someone if they do not mention their dilemmas. So I find writing a poor review of us, a little unfair, when we had no chance to address her expectations. If you search other reviews about Adams Motel, you will soon see what other travellers have experienced here with us, not to mention the many guests that claimed our beds are very comfortable. Our rapport with our valued customers has been great over the last many years, and we have had many happy returning customers. We will continue what we have been doing and invite any and all travellers a chance to see for themselves, what a nice, clean, reasonable rate motel we run. I promise not to bend your ear too much. If I have offended anyone by chatting with them it was certainly not my intentions.

* Our rooms are equipped with two locks on every outside door, one is built in the entry door knob, and the other is a dead bolt, operated from inside the room. Yes there have been guests that didn’t notice them, or didn’t know how to lock the door, but as I had mentioned previously, call us anytime for assistance, we are happy to help.
*Our beds are of a quality name brand, and updated, furthermore our motel is randomly inspected each year by AAA/CAA inspectors. They look at all things in the room including, mattresses, door locks, and cleanliness. We are proud to say over the past 18 yrs we have not had a unfavourable report.

Adams Motel ...thanks you for taking the time to read our reply.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I chose this motel after reading other reviews. I needed a budget (cheap) motel on the way home from a long cross-canada road trip. It did the trick for me. Clean, cheap and the owners were nice. Decently appointed room. Well located for easy access to the highway. Went to the Casino in the Sault. Motel gave me a $10 playing card. Didn't win, but I had fun and good meal at the restaurant there. Overall, I am happy to recommend this budget motel!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo