Fairfield Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie
US$139
US$102
US$109
US$105
Ambassador Motel(Sault Ste. Marie)
US$82
US$81
US$78
Sleep Inn(Sault Ste. Marie)
US$81
US$79
Priceline
All reviewsboston pizzafront deskhot tubfree breakfastwould stay here againfresh fruitbreakfast roomexcellent hotelparking lothot breakfastexcellent staygreat place to stayhour driveeasy accessrooms are cleancomfortable bedwe've stayed
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Okay so my hockey team went here for a tournament..... It was a clean hotel, with a small pool, and not much selection for a breakfast bar. One thing I have to say is the staff was very rude and uptight. They would call or tell us about the slightest thing anyone did wrong. If you are more on the fun side, I do not suggest this hotel..........

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Rebecca H, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest, I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction during your teams stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites last month. It is disappointing to hear that you found our staff to be rude and uptight; we do try our best to ensure that each guests stay with us is as enjoyable as possible. As I am not sure on the exact situation that occurred during this stay I cannot state why the staff would have come across as they did. If you would like to contact myself (rebecca.hawdon@marriott.com) to give a little more insight into the situation so we can do our best to ensure that this does not reoccur in the future. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we do hope that if you are in the Soo again you give us another try.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was quite impressed by the quality of the hotel, the breakfast, salt pool and exercise centre and the most importantly, the prices. This was my first visit to a Fairfield Suites

I was surprised when the operator told me only $103.99/night and 99/night on Sunday night for a King Room. Perhaps these are the off season prices. The rooms are very nice and fairly modern. The breakfast woman is super nice and welcoming. The internet service is very good and I like the added touch of non-slamming door devices and the soft pillows - these are very pleasant added bonuses. The only reason the hotel scored a 4* is because of the trend that is becoming more common with some of the higher end hotels, security deposits on credit cards.

I understand the need for this but as a business traveller I find it very inconvenient and unpleasant and am turning toward boycotting hotels that require this. I am in an unsteady business market where sales are up and down and budgets can sometimes be tight. This most recent occasion made it very awkward for me.

Furthermore, I tend to travel to two, three sometimes up to four cities on a given trip. With each hotel wanting anywhere between $100 and 500/stay and in one case $750, it takes a big chunk out of my travel budget. Furthermore, each deposit takes sometimes up to a week to be reversed.

Hotels in general need to create a sort of arrangement for business travellers, such as only requiring a credit card number on file for example.

Until such a solution is implemented, it is with regret that I will no longer visit Fairfield and other hotels that fall into this category, except as a last resort.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Rebecca H, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as we were your first experience at a Fairfield Inn & Suites. I am however sorry to hear that you have already decided against staying with us again due to a credit card deposit. It is a little confusing for me to read your concerns you had regarding the credit card deposit at our hotel. We do authorize a guests credit card at the time of check in for a little bit more than the total stay will be, in case of any charges that are made to the room (long distance phone calls, charges from the market, etc.), however the authorizations are only for an additional $20 - $30 per day over and above the total cost of the room night. The only instance that we would require a security deposit is when the guest does not have a credit card and is paying cash or debit; these deposits are returned the day of checkout once the room has been checked for damage, smoking, pets, etc.. Thanks you again for posting your concerns, I do hope that you will decide to give us another chance next time you are in Sault Ste. Marie.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was apprehensive booking this hotel but the rooms were a reasonable size, very clean and updated. Very wide variety of channels available on the tv. Friendly staff. Would recommend for business travel to the Sault.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Had to switch from my regular hotel in town as they were full. The hotel is nice the beds are comfortable and the staff is friendly what more could you ask for. Boston pizza is right beside the hotel for dinner and drinks. Keep up the good work and you will definitely receive repeat business!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed here for three days while visiting the Sault for the Agawa Canyon Tour. This is a very new hotel and the rooms are nice. We stayed in a suite and felt we had a lot of room for our family of six. The real surprise was the quality of the free breakfast. Eggs, cereals, muffins, apples, oatmeal and more. We expected a very low quality "continental" breakfast but instead enjoyed a warm meal and friendly breakfast attendant. We'll stay here the next time we visit the Sault.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family