“A fireplace in our room and a bathroom to die for!”

Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Hiking Canadian
“A fireplace in our room and a bathroom to die for!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Had a great time at the Water Tower, lovely hotel with great service and a beautiful suite including a wood burning fireplace in the room! Great on a cool, May evening. Very comfortable bed, lovely linens. Recommended by friends and well worth the reasonable cost, delightful time!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Sounds like you had the Country Comfort Suite experience - the oversized bathroom includes an Ultra Bain Thermomasseur whirlpool with 56 air jets, the Inn's signature "Snugglebed", and of course, a separate living area with that wood-burning fireplace you so enjoyed! It's the perfect setting for a romantic evening, and it's wonderful to hear that you experienced it all. The weather is warming up now in the Sault...great for that hiking you enjoy. Hope you'll return for a visit soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Calgary AB
Reviewed 4 June 2014

First time to this area and hotel. I stayed one night with my family travelling through the area with our dog and cat. I choose this hotel as they were pet friendly (thank you!) and I wasn't sure what to expect; however was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The lobby was much more upscale looking then expected. We had adjoining rooms for the kids and were on the first floor directly across from the pool (great for the kids). The pool area was nice, the outdoor hot tub was a nice surprise. The waterfall wasn't working into the kids pool when we were there but it didn't affect being able to use the pool. The pool area was showing some of its age, but was still nice. The rooms had enough space to move about, the beds were comfortable but the pillows were not. The rooms did not have a manual locking device like most hotels besides the usual lock on the handle. We ate dinner at Casey's which is attached to the hotel but we were not impressed by the food. Next visit we would probably eat elsewhere. We enjoyed the star bucks coffee provided in the room in the morning. I would stay here again if I were to revisit the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shauno
Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Coming from Calgary is a big trip...glad you had the opportunity to stop and relax at our Inn. With over 40 years in the business, it's great to hear that we still surprise our guests! We are "a resort for the price of a room", and it's great to see you were able to enjoy our many amenities. Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites was completely renovated in 2010, and we have been making upgrades each and every year, including to our pool area, Club Cabana Aqua Spa. I'm sorry you didn't find our pillows comfy...next time you join us, ask Reception about our additional pillow options and we'll have your choice delivered to your room. Rest assured, all of our rooms are fully secure and include a dead bolt which can be found near the door's handle. I wish you safe travels and hope you will visit the Algoma Region again soon!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I spent the week before, during and after our wedding at the Water Tower, it was great having staff that knew what you were going through and being so friendly and helpful. Not from around Ontario, it was very scary trying to find a place to trust them with your wedding, as soon as we saw the foyer to the banquet room with the water fountain and piano to the wood beams and gardens, both my husband and I fell in love with the renos and upgrades of this place. Despite me being late for our meeting with our Wedding Coordinator, Tracy was still very thorough and detailed orientated. Our wedding reception was held at the Water Tower, most or almost all our guests traveled and stay at the Water Tower at a great discounted price. We are still raving about the great meal that was served, even our picky fathers was impressed and happy. The staff from the Front Desk (Mike), Housekeeping (Sam), Banquet staff and chefs (Melanie) was so accommodating, friendly, helpful and such a pleasure to deal with. I loved the fact that all of our vendors knew each other or had heard of each other and was able to work together so closely without me being the middle person that often. We were able to enjoy the pool before the chaos and it was very nice and clean and convenient. Don't get me wrong, there was a few minor issues but every place has little things that can either be improved or changed which are not what I'm here to focus on. The live music was a big hit for everyone and the pizza that they served was a big hit as well in the pub and as our late night snack. I found that even the people that stayed at the Water Tower was friendly and easy going crowd. I cannot wait to come back to the Water Tower again and make more memories with our families. Thanks again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
My goodness, you took the time to write us such an indepth review. We’ve always heard people from Edmonton were special. Loved the part about the “picky fathers”. Weddings are mind-frazzling. So many details and if anything goes awry…well…it is almost the end of the world. It is so nice of you to mention staff by name. They work hard and are so caring, and to be singled out by name is a personal honour. I will make sure they get a copy of this. We hold a Dream Wedding Showcase at the hotel every year for engaged couples, and that is probably why you had a sense that your service providers were in sync, since they participate in the show with us. They are the crème de la crème of wedding professionals. As well, Tracy is a certified professional wedding planner. I hope you let her know about any “minor issues”, because we are committed to creating true dream weddings. We are so glad that you and your hubby will return to the Inn for more happy occasions.
Pembroke, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We always stay here when in the Soo because it is clean, friendly, reasonably priced and has a great pool. There's a big pool for big folks and a little shallow pool for little folks with a waterfall. We think this is the best place to stay in the Soo.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Well thank you Tim. Nice to have you in our neck of the woods. You’re right on…Club Cabana Aqua Spa is a steamy, watery delight for all ages that you rarely find in a hotel. Large co-ed sauna, pool, wading pool, indoor whirlpool spa, AND THE ONLY 4-SEASON OUTDOOR WHIRLPOOL SPA in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. It tops off the value, cleanliness and friendliness you mention. We’re family-run, celebrating our 40th anniversary this year, and dedicated to the guest experience.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Water Tower Inn for 3 days while on business. The hotel staff were superb in every respect. The food was great, the staff were unfailingly helpful and there was lots to do after hours including a live band. The staff at the front desk were particularly helpful in terms of document production, conference room preparedness and all catering nuances.

I would recommend this hotel to any professional who is looking for a hotel work environment that is conducive to productivity and pleasure.

Room Tip: My room on the 3rd floor was perfect
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Laurie J
Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
We're a small, family-run business, and we understand the fine balance between productive work time and relaxing play time. We're so glad that our amenities and staff helped you find a good balance, too! Thanks for the review and visit soon.
Ontario
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had a wonderful stay last weekend. Celebrated my sister's and brother in law 50th anniversary and was greeted with arm open and a smile. All accommodation were to our asking. The staff went above and beyond our expectations and I truly recommend this hotel. It had been several years went I last stayed there and I found the renovations excellent and beyond. The food was excellent at Casey's. Thank you for a great stay. We will be back.

Room Tip: Book ahead and a week before reconfirm your stay with the hotel itself.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Wow! Congratulations to your sister and brother-in-law on their 50th...what an amazing milestone! We could not be more pleased to have been part of your celebration. We completely renovated the Inn back in 2010, and it's wonderful to know you appreciated our upgrades. We are proud to be part of many family moments, and thank you sincerely for including us in yours. Hopefully your next visit will come sooner than the last!
Murdochsroomate
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Arrived at the hotel in the wee hours of Saturday morning after rolling my car on the highway 100kms away in a snow storm. I'd stayed here before and insisted on being towed all the way here, knowing that I could at least look forward to a comfy stay, but when I arrived and explained I'd been in an accident, they immediately upgraded me to a jacuzzi suite and helped my bring all my belongings in from my smashed up car. I'm so glad to be in the hands of these folks after such a terrible night. That tub is just what my aching body needs.

Room Tip: I can vouch for the jacuzzi tubs. They're lovely and fit two people easily.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Ah that Northern Ontario weather...it continues to be unpredictable! I sincerely hope you are OK after your accident and that our soothing Thermomasseur Ultra Spa bathtub relaxed away some of your aches and pains. We are incredibly flattered that you would insist on being towed all the way to our family-run Inn, where you undoubtedly received the family-style service you needed. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon...hopefully under better circumstances! :)