Comfort Inn
US$73
Super 8 Sault Ste Marie ON(Sault Ste. Marie)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$92
US$74
US$111
US$108
Sleep Inn(Sault Ste. Marie)
US$82
US$78
US$128
US$97
US$81
Priceline
All reviewsgrandma judysliding doorbreakfast ladyscrambled eggs and baconpet friendly roomswiss chalethot water for teamain floorquiet locationhave stayed here many timespleasant stayparking lotthe breakfast areanight stayafter a long dayincluded breakfaststayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stayed here the night of August 19th. The hotel seems old and worn, the room is ok but could use a renovation. the fridge had no freezer, and there was some loud background noise that went on all night - not sure if it was from outside, or something in the building - sounded like a generator or traffic.

The worst thing, however, was that when I got settled to take a nice bath after a long day, I found body hair in the bathtub, and a ring around the tub that I could feel all around. The staff had obviously not cleaned this tub in a long time.

It was gross. I mentioned it at the desk the next morning and they apologized so maybe they will be more diligent in the future. I would not choose to stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Marilyn R, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Oh my goodness! I am so genuinely sorry for the condition of your bathtub during your stay with us. I only wish you would have let us know on check-in so we could have made the situation right for you. I have to agree that having a bath in a dirty tub is unacceptable. I just want you to know that I have certainly dealt with the situation and I truly thank you for bringing it to my attention. This is not the norm for our hotel as my staff take great pride in what they do. We are truly sorry.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We have been travelling for some time now and staying primarily in Comfort Inns (Choice Hotels) as we have had good luck with this chain in the past. When booking the room I requested and was confirmed the AAA/CAA rate of $129.60 which was the highest rate we had been quoted in any hotel on this trip, some pre-renovation and some newly (and beautifully) renovated hotels.

We also asked to look at the two possible choices of rooms before deciding which would work better for us. This is something we have always done as there are definite differences in rooms, depending on location as well as other things. The hotel clerk had been quite friendly with the previous guest and with us - up until that point. She obviously felt quite put upon that we would actually want to look at the rooms. The rooms she showed us had NOT been renovated and absolutely needed a major overhaul. The bedding was all quite old and it showed. The management tries to trick you into thinking you are getting something better by making cute shapes with the bathroom towels, but when they are thin and threadbare it still shows.
This hotel would have been too expensive at half the price. Could NEVER recommend to anyone.

The night before we stayed at a newly renovated Best Western for $12.00 less a night.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front face a VERY busy road. If you MUST stay here request a room at the back, preferrably on the third floor. With no one above you, you will not get noise from other guests tramping around in their work boots.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Marilyn R, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

We are so sorry you were not happy with your stay. We would like to inform you that we will be undergoing extensive renovations starting January, 2014. Please try us again after that.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

We appreciated the sliding patio door onto the parking lot so we could carry in all our luggage easily. Very convenient. Room was clean and comfortable. The included hot breakfast was tasty, especially the cinnamon waffle. Judy who looks after the breakfast area was great! Location was central and very handy.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yolanda S
Marilyn R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you so much for you lovely comments regarding your stay with us here at our Comfort Inn in Sault Ste. Marie. It was a pleasure having you as our guests and we hope to see you back soon so you can "sing along" with Judy in our breakfast room!

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stayed they on 4/18/13 and the rooms were nice, the beds comfortable, and the staff was great. A very good breakfast for a hotel. Some fo the "bad" reviews are personal "gripes" rather than the hotel itself. Some people expect a Marriott when they are paying for a Choice hotel.

Clean, good sleep, good breakfast, and reasonable priced--End of story

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Marilyn R, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely comments in regard to your recent stay with us! It is our mission to ensure that each and every one of our guests leaves with a smile on his/her face.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

I would like to express my sincere thanks to all of the staff at Comfort Inn Sault Ste Marie. I don't know if you guys just finished a training course on customer service, but whatever you've done - keep it up! From the moment I walked through the doors I was treated with kindness and courtesy. The room was great and the follow up call to see if everything was to my liking was a nice touch. Hot water for tea after hours - no problem. Late check out - no problem. I've lost my receipt, could you please email me a copy - no problem.

It is reassuring to see that excellent customer service is still valued at some businesses.

When I staying in the Soo, I'm staying with you.

A bientot!