“Excellent every time ”

Comfort Inn
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
“Excellent every time ”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I come to the Sault for business frequently. I love this place. The staff are as pleasant as one can ask for.
No pool.
The rooms are clean and they offer continental breakfast.
The service is what does it for me.

I recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dan B
Marilyn R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Your kind words of praise regarding your stay are greatfully appreciated. I will certainly share your comments with my team. Hope to see you again soon!
Marilyn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have been stayed at this hotel approximately 20-25 times over 5 years and have see the changes, Bravo to renovations Bravo to non smoking I cant complain about this hotel, my only slight complaint is about the room service, they work with a local restaurant and the food is good and quickly delivered and the hotel charges it to my room bill the only thing is I cant tip the delivery person, the total is on the bill so I cant give them a tip on the bill. the only reason I say this is I expense my meals and tips and because I cannot add to my room or credit card I have to tip out of pocket, I know its not much but when you travel 70-75 nights a year it adds up. other than that you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stewart M
Marilyn R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments regarding our newly renovated hotel. We think its lovely, too! Hope to see you again when travelling to Sault Ste. Marie. Thanks again.
Sooke, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I gave this a very good because there was not really anything to complain about with regard to the room, service or breakfast. The latter was basic but decent and the lady doing the service was friendly but not interfering. Quick check in and check out. Beds comfortable.
However, the location is dreadful - I would be quite uncomfortable staying there if travelling with young children. Right on the highway with patio doors (alright, I appreciated the door but there was not a screen and we could not leave it open even if there had been). We also had to drive to a place for dinner as there is basically nothing around - except perhaps fast food places.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not looking out on the highway if there are any.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sigehaizi
Marilyn R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for your lovely words of praise regarding your stay here with us. We really do appreciate the wonderful comments. Hope to see you again soon!
Marilyn and staff
Oro Station
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed there one night and was quoted $124 total. Apparently it is newly renovated but we didn't notice any difference in the room. (we stayed there a 1 1/2 yr ago). The cafeteria part is renovated but by no means a lot bigger than the other location. We travel with our dog and were charged $15. in addition to $124. Our total bill with taxes was $144. and change. It is convenient to the highway and restaurant but we feel pricey for what you get. Grandma in the cafeteria is a hoot and brightens everyone's day but we are now staying at the Sleep Inn downtown for $26. less. We were charged $10. for the dog. Rooms are much nicer- fridge/microwave and more spacious. It is downtown but not much farther to get back to the highway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marjim
Marilyn R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. Our recent extensive renovations included 100% of our rooms, our corridors, our lobby, and our breakfast area. This was comprised of new carpet, vinyl, complete bathroom renovation, draperies, furniture, lamps, and now all of our rooms are equipped with fridge/microwave. There are many factors to consider when establishing rates, and In our Choice Hotels structure, we feel we are positioned correctly according to our brand. I do apologize that you were unhappy with your rate but we sincerely hope to see you again some day.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Travelling across Canada, this was the last stop on my trip and it was awesome !!!!

Spacious clean rooms, great beds, and the best included breakfast along the way. The service is where this place stands out. My buddy closed the trunk on my car and shattered the rear screen. The Comfort Inn could not have been more helpful - supplying us with everything we needed to get going again and then some.

Having worked in hospitality for 5+ years ... These guys come very highly recommended :) thank you !!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank paulkporter
Marilyn R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words of praise. It was a pleasure having you as our guests. Hope your travels are keeping you safe.
Marilyn and staff
custer, MI
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Was traveling with my son for a Special Olympic event and this was a very nice hotel with a very nice staff. Beds were comfortable and got a very nice sleep. We didn't try the breakfast. Check in was extremely quick

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Douglas H
Marilyn R, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our hotel. Hope to see you again in the near future, and thank you for staying with us!
Vancouver
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The guy at the desk told me they renovated this hotel in 2013. Everything inside looked new and clean. Don't let the dated exterior fool you. My room was clean, and my bed was super comfortable. Breakfast was average. I didn't hear any road noise in my room and I slept well. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Marilyn R, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay here at our hotel. Hope to see you again, soon!.
Thanks for staying with us!