All reviews grandma judy patio doors scrambled eggs and bacon safe place to stay swiss chalet main floor fast food places hot and cold selections night stay the breakfast area room was clean two double beds parking lot thunder bay enjoyed my stay very nice stay off the highway
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We recently stayed at this hotel for one night in Late August. We were passing through Sault Ste. Marie on route to Thunder Bay. It was “very reasonably” priced compared to other hotels in Sault Ste. Marie – a very good value for your stay. If you’re looking for a nice / safe place to stay – this hotel will suit your needs.

It is located directly just off the TransCanada Highway - a good location with easy access on, and off the highway. There are a few restaurants in the immediate area -you’ll have no problem finding somewhere very close to dine. If you like Italian, try Giovanni’s down the road – it’s excellent (and I’m Italian !!)

The breakfast which is included with your stay is simple, but good enough – the usual breakfast items / waffles that you make yourself, no complaints
We had a room on the second floor, which had two comfortable double beds, a good sized bathroom, a fridge and microwave - everything worked fine - we had no issues at all. Overall, the room was quite clean, quiet and comfortable.

The front lobby was very accommodating, and very friendly. “Check In” and “Check Out” went very well – fast, efficient and no surprises.

The Wifi worked quite fine when we were there – with no problems.

Lastly, I would rate the hotel as “very good” and a “very good value” – and Yes, I would stay here again.

Please enjoy your stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Marilyn R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thank you so much for the lovely comments regarding your stay at our little Comfort Inn in Sault Ste. Marie. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to see you again some day.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We were out of options! Came into town late and everything was booked up. It looked dated and I was leery to book. The bedding was clean and the room was clean but I didn’t care for the mould in the tub and the fact that it smelled like stinky shoes when we walked in.

And I’m picky......

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Not outstanding and not clean. Overpriced - definitely not good value for money. Slept in a basic room that did not live up to the cost of the stay. Breakfast area did not have enough tables and the included basic continental bfast offerings.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I travel a fair bit for work and often stay at hotels In Northern Ontario. I have stayed at the comfort Inn in the past as a last resort. They have made several great improvements to the chain.
There are laundry facilities in the hotel, that really comes in handy. The rooms have been updated.
A few minor issues. No water in the rooms , also I am a traveler of a certain age that a lot of their guests are...no makeup mirror in the rooms. I think this is a curtesy to older guests that is greatly appreciated.
Aside from that I really enjoyed my stay and the next time I’m in Sault Ste Marie I will stay of the Comfort Inn.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Marilyn R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

We are so grateful for your lovely compliments of our Comfort Inn in Sault Ste. Marie. Always a pleasure to serve. Hope to see you again some day should your travels take you back through Sault Ste. Marie.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

The rates are competitive, but watch out for different rates on the weekend vs through the week. Also, rates are a few bucks higher on the main floor, than the second floor. I guess all that makes sense in business vs demand.

Walmart and Metro are within walking distance. There are a number of fast food places nearby and Swiss Chalet right across the street.

The staff are very pleasant. The lady that looks after the Continental Breakfast Room has a great attitude and sense of humor. It’s starts the morning well. Through the week, breakfast starts at 6 which is really nice when you want to get away early.

The rooms are modern, well appointed and lots of room for a couple people. They welcome pets in specific rooms which is always nice.

A good place!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Marilyn R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

We are so delighted to hear such lovely comments regarding your stay at our little Comfort Inn in Sault Ste. Marie. We will be sure to share with the whole team!
Thanks for staying!