Pine Grove Motel
US$138
US$104
US$86
US$82
Ambassador Motel(Sault Ste. Marie)
US$82
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanoff the highwaypleasant stayeasy accessfree wifikettlehuskytvappliancescanada
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This motel neighbours other motels. We arrived in the evening and when booking the room, the owners were fairly friendly. We put our bags in the motel room and went off for dinner. We got back at about 10:00 pm.

When I removed the top cover off the bed, I uncovered a paper-thin blanket. Evenings and nights in Sault Ste. Marie, even in early August are quite chilly. I went to the office and asked for an extra blanket. The male owner gruffly said "NO - You have blankets in the room" and then slammed the door in my face!!!

To get anything to eat, you have to drive a few miles!

I will never stay at that motel ever again. Customer Service was a big zero!

Room Tip: Find another motel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank WoodyManitoba
Reviewed 10 July 2013

If you want a budget motel and just somewhere to crash, then stay here. However, we were not impressed, the beds were incredibly saggy, there were earwigs everywhere, it was dirty. Just not recommended. There was a gap in the window for the AC unit and so any and all bugs could get in, we sealed it off ourselves. The owner is very nice, but the motel is so outdated and run down.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Junglegwave
Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on a drive from Ontario to Alberta. I needed somewhere cheap, quiet, and clean and that's what I got.

Cable TV, Wi-Fi, a little fridge, a kettle, king size bed, all for $60. The only complaint I had was the room was a little dark. Only two small bedside lamps in the room, but that's just nitpicking. Everything else was very satisfactory.

If you're planning on staying here during the winter call ahead because they only have a few rooms open during the winter.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank snowtrails
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I usually don't waver from the large chain hotels, so wasn't quite sure what to expect. Paid just under $60, taxes in. Very friendly staff (presumably also the owner). The room was clean and felt homely (as in, not a typical hotel room). A few words to note though; There was no shampoo/conditioner in the washroom (although there was soap). I don't know if this is typical or if they have some upon request, but be fore-warned to make sure you bring some with you or call first. Also, the water has a distinctive iron odour & colour. Note, this isn't the motel's fault. Due to the very high iron content in the area and the steel industry, that's just how it is. Bring some bottles of water to drink & brush teeth if that bothers you. The odour doesn't linger after you shower though. Security seemed to be a bit lacking, lock set is a Home Depot brand lock with a sliding chain. Fine for overnight, but if you're here more than a day you'd be well advised to bring your valuables with you in the car.

I'd stay here again. If you don't like the above notes, then spend double at a chain hotel downtown. Otherwise, if you need a good place to stay the night that's clean and quiet - this is your place.

Swimming Pool and Restaurant got a 4 star rating only do stop the overall rating from going down, but this motel has neither.

Room Tip: Try to get room #2 or 3 which are close to the office. You can pick up their (free) WiFi pretty good from there.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on a road trip to Michigan it was a quiet little motel considering it was just off hwy 17 the owner was very hospitable rooms clean anyone complaining about thus motel give it a break go and stay in a chain motel some people never happy anyways would stay again uf I'm back up

• Stayed: July 2012