“Late night check in”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I arrived at 10:00 p.m. with no reservation...and was given a room with king size bed..the room was great although whomever hung/cut the door to fit, left a huge gap..no biggy...the room and bed were comfortable.

The (breakfast)..well...if you are hungry and don't want to fill your guts with greasy fare befor e you start a 8 hr trek West...skip it and go to Tim Hortons down the road..otherwise everything was good, the desk employees were courteous and quick

Room Tip: door had a huge gap that allowed a lot of the light in from the hallway...skip the breakfast, unless...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We booked our room at this hotel through priceline.com. We called the hotel ahead to confirm our room. The unpleasant desk clerk indicated that rooms booked through priceline were two double beds with no exceptions. When we arrived, the registering desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful. We checked in to a very nice room - newly renovated - and had an enjoyable walk along the waterfront Hub Trail - the access to the trail ia very close - this hotel has a very good location. At 4 a.m. the next morning, our sleep was repeatedly interrupted by slamming doors and noise in the hallway outside our room. When checking out, we mentioned this to the desk clerk who was less than sympathetic (must be the one we confirmed our room with!) indicating that the noise was just the night shift workers coming in and that now we were interrupting their sleep by leaving!!! We had a long drive to Thunder Bay ahead of us on less than a full night's sleep because we were placed in the middle of night shift workers' rooms - is this because we booked through priceline? Very inconsiderate booking!! The breakfast was very good with hot items and the breakfast staff was very accommodating. We would stay here again but only after confirming that our room was in a quiet part of the hotel with no night shift workers coming in and disturbing our sleep!

Room Tip: Make sure you confirm that your room is well away from "night shift workers" that this hot...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Joe D, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

I apologize that your sleep was disrupted by noise. If you had advised us of the noise while it was occurring we would have been able to speak to the other guest causing the disturbance.

We would never distinguish where a guest room is located for any other reason than a specific request from the guest or room type location.

Joe Dore

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Great location in the downtown area. Close to waterfront walk, mall, dOwntown shopping, library, museums and art gallery. Welcoming and accommodating staff. No elevator but staff offered to help carry bags to second floor. Rooms are lovely and clean with windows that open. Great air conditioning but it was a little loud. Continental breakfast food was basic.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We found this hotel on Trip Advisor. It was within walking distance of the train ride, and everyone was friendly. The problem was the air conditioner! It was 86 degrees out, so it was a must, but it was so loud at night that neither of us could sleep. I would definitely stay here again, in winter! The breakfast is also very limited.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

As I return to Sault Ste Marie almost every year I am very pleased to have found that for just $10-20 more a night I can stay in a clean, modern hotel downtown, with free breakfast rather than one of the old motels on Great Northern. This room was very nicely decorated, the beds were comfy, and the room had all of the amenities I required (incl a fridge and good wifi). Breakfast was nothing fancy, and though they were microwaved, it was still nice to have warm options such as eggs, sausages and french toast on top of the typical continental fare like toast, coffee and fruit. Front desk service was friendly. I will be recommending the Sleep Inn to others and will likely make this my first choice for future trips to the Soo!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Usually when I travel, I don't spend a lot of time at the hotel so I tend to not get a great value (I can't remember the last time I swam in a hotel pool). However, this hotel was exactly what I needed. Comfortable and very clean room, pretty large, comfortable bed with nice pillows and comforter, fast/ accessible wifi, fridge, easy temperature adjustments, friendly staff who helped me find late-night food, and safe parking. Pet friendly, too. Easy and safe walking right out the door, in the park and library adjacent to the hotel, and along the boardwalk. Next to an apartment building, not on a strip with fast-food and car lots, but easy access to downtown and the boardwalk. I had the room next to the ice machine, so yes, I can see how that would be noisy -- but frankly I was tired and got a great night's rest on a very comfortable bed, so I could have my adventure seeing Canada. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms 104/106 are near the ice machine -- probably want to avoid if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My wife and I were driving from Montreal to Fort McMurray, and this was our first stop for the night, and we would have settled for just about anything. However, this inn just proved amazing, and this is from people who stay in hotels quite a bit. We were on the ground floor as we had booked ahead, and so everything was within reach. Continental breakfast was free, but as in almost everywhere in North America, was nothing to write home about. If like me, you like strong coffee, then bring your own coffee as the one provided is worse than the old McDonald's coffee. Strongly recommended overall.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family