“Wow - what a change!”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I used to frequent this hotel as a teen for dinner, New Years parties or hockey tournaments. The old Holiday Inn was run down. Delta completely changed this place around to offer a very modern, stylish hotel worthy of its location. From the moment you walk in, you think - WHOA ... modern! Friendly front desk staff, beautiful room renovations and the view through the giant paned windows is as good as it gets.

My wife and I ordered room service in the morning. It was about as good as a hotel room service could get. Delivered promptly and warm. Great stuff Delta.

Room Tip: Just get the river view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Kelly W, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your home away from home during your recent visit to Sault Ste. Marie. We pride ourselves in creating the ultimate guest experience and it appears through your feedback that we did just that. We are glad to see that you appreciate our new look and the service we provide. We look forward to welcoming you back to our community in the near future.

Sincerely, Kelly Walker, FOM.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stayed at the Delta for three nights during my vacation. The first room they gave me was facing an amphitheatre that had very loud live music playing, but one call to the front desk got me another room on the opposite side of the floor. The room itself was very clean and comfortable, and wi-fi worked without a problem. I did find the breakfast buffet a little disappointing in their variety (e.g., no fresh cut fruit) given that they're a conference centre as well as a hotel. The elevators are surprisingly old and clunky. But the harbour view is very nice, and they're located at the base of the bridge to the US. The casino is just a couple blocks west if you're into that. I'd probably stay here again if I was in town.

Room Tip: Rooms on the northwest side are quieter since they don't face the amphitheatre.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Kelly W, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback via Trip Advisor. We appreciate your recent business (August) and assure you that we put guest feedback into action. I have shared your feedback regarding our breakfast buffet to our Director of Food & Beverage who sincerely apologizes for this disappointment as It is our policy to offer (without exception) fresh cut fruit on our daily breakfast buffet. Please never hesitate to call upon any one of our team members when staying at Delta Hotels & Resorts. We want to ensure you are receiving the best stay possible and are here to assist at any time. In terms of the elevators, we are pleased to announce that elevator replacement is under way. We began the replacement in late November and anticipate a full replacement by the end of our first quarter in 2013. During the replacement, we will continue to offer 2 elevators (one main elevator and one service elevator). We look forward to welcoming you back so that we may showcase our exciting improvements. Thank you, once again, for providing your feedback.
Sincerely, Kelly Walker, FOM.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will stay here again on my next trip to SSM.

My first encounter with the staff at this location was the shuttle service lady at the airport. She is quite the character and I enjoyed my ride with her to and from the hotel. Great conversationalist and she makes you feel welcome.

The location of the hotel is great. It's just on St. Mary's river facing SSM's twin city, Michigan. If it wasn't freezing cold and snowing I would've walked along the river.

Checking in/out was easy.

Staff was very warm and friendly (front desk, housekeeping, and room service).

My room I loved. My room was clean and I slept like a baby. I didn't think the heated tiles would be anything to be thrilled about but it was a great experience. It really does make a difference after coming out from the hot shower onto the cool air. I want them installed in my house now!!

Would I stay there again? yes.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our location during your recent visit to Sault Ste. Marie. We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor. We will certainly share your feedback with our team, in particular, our shuttle driver for a job well done! We look forward to welcoming you back to Sault Ste. Marie in the near future. P.S. The waterfront on a warm, sunny day is out of this world :).

Sincerely, Kelly Walker, FOM

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Stayed at this place on my 7 week road trip across Canada & the U.S.
Drove down near the wharf and walked in hoping they had a room and they did!
Great rooms with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.
Very close to shopping and the boardwalk that took me to Dock's Riverfront Grill
that had some excellent food & wine outside on the patio overlooking the marina.
Back at my room the sun was just going down behind the bridge to the U.S. so
I stepped outside to get the pictures below.
All in all a great experience for a road weary traveller like myself!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. Sault Ste. Marie is naturally gifted with our waterfront location and your pictures certainly capture this. Thank you so much for sharing these photos! We are pleased that you took a moment to check on our vacancy. We are honoured that you chose our location, that you gave us the opportunity to host you and to top it off, you shared your experience on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your business and feedback! Sincerely, Kelly Walker, FOM.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

We had a great experiance staying at this hotel, from the minute we walked in the staff was very friendly and helpful, check-in was a breeze. The hotel was very clean and well kept. The location is excellent close to shopping and restaurants and the walkway along the waterfront is great if you like walk in the morning or after dinner.The pool, hot tub and gym area was clean and the young lad looking after the facility was very friendly. Will not hesitate to stay with this hotel the next time we are in Sault Ste.Marie

Room Tip: When booking your room ask for the rooms that face the water and bridges that connect Canada to the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marc R

Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience at our location. We are thankful that you took the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We have shared your feedback with all of our team members with special mention of our Health Club Attendant. We look forward to welcoming you back in 2013. Sincerely, Kelly Walker, FOM.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Beds were to die for - still have to email the hotel to find out what model of Northern Feather they put in the rooms - they were awesome. I loved being on the waterfront and having easy access to the boardwalk. If you're just heading to the Sault area for a vacation - it's a city with tons of locally owned AWESOME restaurants (non-chains). Lake Superior Provincial Park should also be on your list to visit

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms are worth the extra for the views
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sault Ste. Marie as your travel destination and for making the Delta your home away from home while visiting our fine city. We agree that Sault Ste. Marie boasts decadent dining, a breath taking boardwalk and beautiful country side (Lake Superior Provincial Park). We are thankful that you took a moment to share your experience via Trip Advisor. Until we meet again, rest well with your northern feather pillow product.
Sincerely, Kelly Wallker, FOM.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Elevatators need major attention. People are great. Lots of signs of mediocre reverb beeing completed. 4 star price for 2 1/2 star hotel. Good location close to shopping and restaurants. Peeling wallpaper, paint touch ups in several areas indicated poor Reno' s being completed.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We value your feedback and business and assure you that we are committed to continuous improvement. We have put guest feedback into action and are pleased to share that our elevator replacement is under way. With our first elevator down in late November, we anticipate full completion by the end of the first quarter in 2013. To minimize disruption, we have given guests access to our service elevator. We certainly look forward to hosting you in 2013 so that we may showcase our exciting upgrades. In terms of "poor Reno's being completed", we are not ok with is and are sincerely committed to a fix it program. This will allow us to ensure our guest experience is first class. You should never receive anything less at Delta Hotels & Resorts. Thank you, once again, for taking the time to provide your feedback.
Sincerely, Kelly Wallker, FOM.