“another great stay”

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Ontario's Near North, Canada
“another great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

just got back from the sault so will once again do a review. We always stay at the Delta, and once again we were not disappointed. Check in was great, nice and quick. It seems every time we come here Lindsay is working, and Lindsay is awesome. The Delta should be very happy that they have her. The room we stayed at was overlooking he St. Marys River. Great room, a little small but I was glad we were give that room as it is a beautiful view. Room was clean (like they always are). Not sure who was working housekeeping but she too is a gem, very nice,professional and very helpful. I wish I got her name. We checked in on the 7th and left on the 9th if that helps. Again Delta should be thankful to have her. We were in room 426, if anyone can help me and tell me who the Delta got to do there photos in the room i sure would appreciate it. That particular one (the large one) I would love to purchase. Anyway I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wishes to have a nice stay while in the Sault.

Oh the beds.........oh the beds.......slept like a baby.......C O M F O R T!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelly W, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your continued business and for taking the time to provide your feedback once again! We truly appreciate you!!!

We are pleased to read of your experience and will ensure both Lindsey (front desk) and Tanya(housekeeping) are recognized for their continued efforts! They're passionate about their work here at Delta Sault Ste. Marie and they're equally as passionate about creating a memorable experience for you, our valuable guest. We are lucky to have them both on our team!

Our in-room photography has been purchased from Posters International located in Toronto, ON. You can view/purchase their artwork online. I also appreciate your comment regarding our comfy beds! We couldn't agree more. While the mattresses are exclusive to Delta Hotels & Resorts, our bedding including pillows and duvets can also be purchased via Northern Feather Canada Inc.

Thank you, once again, for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our community in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Sheguiandah, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Sweet stay for our ski get away weekend, yummy breakfast buffet, quiet.

One elevator out of order past 8th floor. But able to use service elevator which was in close proximity, so no real delay.
Front desk staff/all staff were friendly/helpful/fast.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Kelly W, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent business and for taking the time to provide your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience from check-in to check-out including the dining room. We will ensure the team is recogized for a job well done!

We are amidst an elevator upgrade and you are correct that we have the service elevator available to our guests to minimize disruption during this time. We anticipate the elevator upgrade to be complete this April.

We thank you, once again, for your feedback. We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our fine community at a later date.

Kelly Walker
Front Office Manager
Delta Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

Hi, I stayed at your hotel this past week for three nights and your front desk staff were great! Erin helped me figure out where I was going and gave me directions and on the last day (I forget her name!) also really helped! Your dining room staff are very professional too, sometimes in smaller places dining staff get a bit too laid back and lose their polish, but not in your place. They are friendly, very professional, courteous and classy! See you again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Kelly W, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for very much for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Sault Ste. Marie. We value your business and feedback and sincerely appreciate that you took the time to provide your feedback via tripadvisor. We will share your feedback with our Team and recognize them for a job well done! Once again, thank you for your recent business. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sault Ste. Marie at a later date.

Sincerely, Kelly Walker, Front Office Manager
Manitouwadge, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

I was disappointed with the rooms and how they were cleaned. Sinks were dirty with scum all around and bathtub had rust stains all around the drain. This hotel is overpriced and needs some up keep! The comforter was stained on the bed& the bed was worn out. Considering this hotel has undergone renos they need to keep up as things are getting worn out. Housekeeping on our floor needs major improvements! All other staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant& bar are very very pricey. Not the place for little children. The food was excellent in the restaurant just expensive for a family. The prices are too high for what you get in my opinion. There are many other hotels that are nicer in my opinion and cheaper. The Water Tower, Mariott or the Comfort Suites.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Kelly W, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable feedback and apologize for our extreme oversights both in cleanliness and upkeep. It is important for us to let you know that this level of housekeeping and maintenance service is not standard for our location. We are committed to making this right and reassure you that our cleanliness and fix it programs are in full force. We are committed to creating the ultimate guest experience and as the recent recipient of the "overall satisfied customer" award (throughout the Delta Hotels & Resorts brand) both in rooms and food & beverage, you have our commitment that we will continue to put our valued customers feedback into action. Thank you, once again, for sharing your experience and giving us the opportunity to make it right.

Kelly Walker
Front Office Manager
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

I used to frequent this hotel as a teen for dinner, New Years parties or hockey tournaments. The old Holiday Inn was run down. Delta completely changed this place around to offer a very modern, stylish hotel worthy of its location. From the moment you walk in, you think - WHOA ... modern! Friendly front desk staff, beautiful room renovations and the view through the giant paned windows is as good as it gets.

My wife and I ordered room service in the morning. It was about as good as a hotel room service could get. Delivered promptly and warm. Great stuff Delta.

Room Tip: Just get the river view
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Kelly W, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your home away from home during your recent visit to Sault Ste. Marie. We pride ourselves in creating the ultimate guest experience and it appears through your feedback that we did just that. We are glad to see that you appreciate our new look and the service we provide. We look forward to welcoming you back to our community in the near future.

Sincerely, Kelly Walker, FOM.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stayed at the Delta for three nights during my vacation. The first room they gave me was facing an amphitheatre that had very loud live music playing, but one call to the front desk got me another room on the opposite side of the floor. The room itself was very clean and comfortable, and wi-fi worked without a problem. I did find the breakfast buffet a little disappointing in their variety (e.g., no fresh cut fruit) given that they're a conference centre as well as a hotel. The elevators are surprisingly old and clunky. But the harbour view is very nice, and they're located at the base of the bridge to the US. The casino is just a couple blocks west if you're into that. I'd probably stay here again if I was in town.

Room Tip: Rooms on the northwest side are quieter since they don't face the amphitheatre.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Kelly W, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback via Trip Advisor. We appreciate your recent business (August) and assure you that we put guest feedback into action. I have shared your feedback regarding our breakfast buffet to our Director of Food & Beverage who sincerely apologizes for this disappointment as It is our policy to offer (without exception) fresh cut fruit on our daily breakfast buffet. Please never hesitate to call upon any one of our team members when staying at Delta Hotels & Resorts. We want to ensure you are receiving the best stay possible and are here to assist at any time. In terms of the elevators, we are pleased to announce that elevator replacement is under way. We began the replacement in late November and anticipate a full replacement by the end of our first quarter in 2013. During the replacement, we will continue to offer 2 elevators (one main elevator and one service elevator). We look forward to welcoming you back so that we may showcase our exciting improvements. Thank you, once again, for providing your feedback.
Sincerely, Kelly Walker, FOM.
TORONTO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will stay here again on my next trip to SSM.

My first encounter with the staff at this location was the shuttle service lady at the airport. She is quite the character and I enjoyed my ride with her to and from the hotel. Great conversationalist and she makes you feel welcome.

The location of the hotel is great. It's just on St. Mary's river facing SSM's twin city, Michigan. If it wasn't freezing cold and snowing I would've walked along the river.

Checking in/out was easy.

Staff was very warm and friendly (front desk, housekeeping, and room service).

My room I loved. My room was clean and I slept like a baby. I didn't think the heated tiles would be anything to be thrilled about but it was a great experience. It really does make a difference after coming out from the hot shower onto the cool air. I want them installed in my house now!!

Would I stay there again? yes.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our location during your recent visit to Sault Ste. Marie. We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor. We will certainly share your feedback with our team, in particular, our shuttle driver for a job well done! We look forward to welcoming you back to Sault Ste. Marie in the near future. P.S. The waterfront on a warm, sunny day is out of this world :).

Sincerely, Kelly Walker, FOM