Stayed here in September 2013 with my elderly father for two nights. We booked the Agawa Canyon Train tour which ended up being cancelled due to flooding; decided to come to SSM anyway and glad we did - The Delta was great! The hotel was very clean both in room and in all public area's. Bed's are very comfortable and have duvet's on them. Customer service in the hotel was friendly, polite and attentive. We very much enjoyed the Sunday brunch in the "View" restaurant at the hotel - great selection of hot and cold food and a reasonable price. We had dinner there and it was delicious. Our room had a tea/coffee maker with the tea/coffee included and a fridge which was handy for cold drinks and snacks.
The gym contained a couple of treadmills, an elliptical machine and a recumbent bike as well as some free weights and a sauna! The small fridge in the gym containing the cold towels is a genius idea! It's the equivalent of the hotel towel on the air plane - very refreshing after a work out session on the treadmill. Although I did not use the pool it looked good for lap swimming as well as shallow areas for kids to splash around in. If I'm not mistaken I believe they have an adults swim only hour at some point in the evening. The black and white photography in both the hotel rooms and common area's was very nice! Someone has done a good job of photographing the local scenery - some of it was quite stunning! There is a large shopping mall literally across the street from the hotel that had a Cineplex in it which I thought would be handy for catching a movie should you wish to do so. The boardwalk right outside of the hotel on the waterfront was scenic to take a stroll down to the SSM locks to see ships coming through.
Overall, we both enjoyed out stay at the Delta SSM and would certainly stay there again. It seemed to me over the course of the weekend that Delta takes time to train their employees in appropriate customer service techniques. Instead of the often heard " no problem" in responses to requests I heard things such as " it would be my pleasure" " I can take care of that for you" " thank you and your welcome". Good job Delta!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront Hotel welcomes you with the spacious Sault Ste. Marie accommodations you've expected for your Canada getaway. Planted in an excellent location, in the downtown core and business district, our hotel is a top choice among Sault Ste. Marie hotels and hotels near Essar Centre. Enjoy fantastic entertainment and shopping experiences, and more, just steps away! Our Sault Ste. Marie Ontario hotel's distinction as being the only full-service hotel on the waterfront boardwalk makes us an ideal choice of accommodations - one that will take your expectations for a Ontario, Canada business or leisure trip to a higher level. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sault Ste Marie
- Sault Ste. Marie Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Waterfront
- Delta Hotels By Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront Canada - Ontario