Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie
US$113
US$107
US$81
US$78
Sleep Inn(Sault Ste. Marie)
US$79
Priceline
Ambassador Motel(Sault Ste. Marie)
US$82
US$100
Priceline
All reviewsacross the streetfront deskhi expressstation mallthe breakfast areadowntown locationwalk in showeragawa canyon tour trainlocation is greatyogurtparking lotwould stay here againtwo nightshot tubking roomone night stayroad trip
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I selected this hotel based on previous reviews and its location to very near to the expressway. The staff is very friendly. My main goal was to take fall pictures and the attendant at the reception gave me detailed description of good vantage points not in in Soo but around the city also. the staff is very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Do remember to savor their selection of free cookies in the evening.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Dave C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for your review our Express Breakfast is coming out with new healthy choices. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 3 nights for a business trip. After checking in, I called home and left a message for my wife telling her my room number. I then left for dinner. When I returned from dinner, I called home only to learn that my wife had tried 7 times to reach me. The first 4 times my wife called the hotel, the instuctions provided on the phone system was not clear, so she selected "0" to reach the operator. However, every time the call reached the front desk, the call was disconnected! She thought there was a problem with the hotel phones, so she tried again. The fifth time the call did get connected to the front desk and was answered by Julien who rudely responded, "Next time just punch in the room number" and without saying another word, transferred the call to my room. However, the call got rerouted back to the front desk because the answering machine wasn't activated by the front desk. Once the call got connected back to the front desk, it got disconnected again, or should I say, hung up by Julien (front desk). My wife quickly realized that the phone was working just fine. It was the front desk (Julien) who was the problem. Julien kept on hanging up the phone after it got connected to the front desk - two more times for a total of 7 phone calls. In the morning I spoke to the front desk manager who ensured my that the General Manager will get back to me. My wife also left a voice message for the General Manager. When I checked out (4 days later) both my wife and I did not hear back from the General Manager. Julien (front desk), the front desk manager and the General Manager obviously couldn't care about their guests. There is no accountability from anybody. I am quite surprised the hotel is still operating even with the lack of service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank tomy695
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

On behalf of everyone here at the Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste Marie, we would like to apologize to you and your wife for this frustration and confusion. When an outside telephone call is received for one of our guests our front desk staff transfer the call to the guest’s room. If there is no answer, the call goes to the guestroom voicemail, or if voicemail is not available, it bounces back to the front desk. We will be sure to review all of our telephone policies and procedures with all of our front desk staff in order to avoid this type of mix up in the future. We would like to assure you that the intentional disconnection of a phone call is not acceptable behaviour and would not be tolerated at our hotel. Our General Manager has been making every effort to get in touch with you but has had a hard time obtaining your contact information. We would like to invite you to contact the general manager any time at 705-759-8200 ext. 2 to further discuss this matter.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We chose the HIExpress because they offered a great seniors' rate and we pretty much knew what to expect. This one however was very upscale, interesting-looking, and either new or renovated. The room was spacious and lovely and the bathroom very modern. Although we were by the elevators, it was very quiet. Parking was convenient. Our problem was with finding it: I assumed it would be on the outskirts or main highway but it was right downtown. Not hard to find once YOU KNOW where to look! We walked out in the evening and got some good pizza and gelato within the block. Breakfast was provided in the morning with the usual HI fare - eggs and make-your-own-pancakes, cereals, breads, yogurt, etc. All very nice. A good stay, would happily return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DLCAlberta

Thank you for your review, we do have several very good restraurants within walking distance to the hotel and being located so close to the waterfront is always nice.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I am pleasingly pleased with my decison to book rooms at this hotel. I was recently at a 4 star hotel foot steps away a couple of weeks ago. The Holiday Inn is far superior. Hotel.com needs to reevaluate the hotel rating. This hotel is very clean,contemperary,beds are the best and they have an indoor pool/spa and work out room. For the price this is a must.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank wayne H

Thank you for your very kind words and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We selected the Holiday Inn Express as other reviews had indicated that it was close to the train. We stayed 2 nights: one the night before the train, and the next night after we returned from the train tour. Although it was a little more expensive than several other properties in the area, it was worth it to park the car for 2 days and be able to walk to the train and dinner. The area is somewhat sketchy, but appears to be the best in the city. It's close to the mall, the train and just a couple blocks down from the casino.
We were really impressed by breakfast and the pool area. The rooms were a bit dark, but as they are newer everything appeared very nice. The only thing slightly off was our alarm clock, as the hour indicator didn't move from "1".
Overall, it was convenient and definitely worked for our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you, we consider our convient location one of our many strong points