“So much more than I expected”

Quattro Hotel & Conf. Centre, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Wawa, Canada
“So much more than I expected”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stay often in SSM and this trip was a trip I was a chaperone on a school trip. The hotel was chosen for us to stay at and after the experience I had, this will be my chosen hotel. My room was amazing, clean and huge. The students could not believe the room they had how much room they had. The location also was perfect and was close to everything we needed!
After putting the kids to bed the staff all ordered room service from Quattro - the restaurant on site and wow - the food was fantastic. I am looking forward to going back and eating there.
The staff were helpful and nice, the breakfast provided was wonderful and I feel no need to stay anywhere else in SSM because I don't think you will find a place with these superior facilities.

Room Tip: I had a king suite while my students had suites with 2 double beds. Both were amazing!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Tricia L, Marketing & Communications Manager at Quattro Hotel & Conf. Centre, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
When you get a review such as this one from a person named “NiceHotelSeeker”, you can’t help but be ecstatic. We are so extremely happy that both you and the students enjoyed your stay (and your huge rooms). We like to give you space to enjoy your Q experience in the comfort of your own suite. We couldn't be more pleased that you enjoyed the food and the service. To be called superior is truly an honour and we most certainly look forward to your next visit to SSM and the suites!.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel during a quick ski trip to Searchmont. We truly enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Sault Ste. Marie. Here are some details:

Location: The hotel is located on one of the main roads in the Soo. If you are coming/going to Searchmont you basically stay on the same street. There is a bowling alley directly behind the hotel and fast food is close by (though the hotel restaurant is fab so don't do fast food!). Plenty of onsite parking is available.

Staff: It was a quiet weekend and the only staff we say were the front desk attendants when we checked in and out. They were very pleasant and helpful.

Room: Our king suite was very nice. Quiet, clean and comfortable. I loved the plethora of pillows (always wins points with me) and they had pretty good toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soap, make-up removing towelette). I appreciated the extra plugs and USB chargers to power multiple devices.

Facilities: We used the pool, hot tub and sauna. All were clean and well kept. We were the only ones using the area when we went around 6:30 pm on Saturday. The fitness room looked nice and well equipped. I noticed there was a separate part of the hotel for the Family Suites which was closer to the pool area.

Breakfast: Served 6:30 - 9:30 in the restaurant. It was ok and there was a decent selection but is probably the only area this great hotel could improve upon. Hot items were scrambled eggs and sausages. There was also a make your own waffle iron but they were out of syrup (the only topping avail). Pastries, bagels, yogurt, toast, fruit, coffee and cranberry and orange juice.

Restaurant: Quattro Chophouse is fabulous. I left a detailed review on their TA page. You need to try it out.

Overall: we will definitely be staying here again the next time we are in the Sault. We would go back just to eat at the restaurant!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Tricia L, Marketing & Communications Manager at Quattro Hotel & Conf. Centre, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
We are definitely on the right road if the hill is where you are headed. We are conveniently located in uptown, on the main strip, and also close to other great amenities. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your King Suite and your plethora of pillows. We tend to shy away from the pillow skimping – you need to be comfortable – we get it. The make-up removing clothes seem to be quite popular with our female guests. We brainstorm ideas on how to make stays more convenient for our guests such as the USB chargers. We are so very sorry that your breakfast experience was not in-line with the rest of your stay. We try and provide a variety of items for all kinds of breakfast eaters. We will definitely give the kitchen your comments on the syrup. No excuses for missing items. The Q staff is thrilled that you enjoyed your meal at Quattro Chophouse + Bar. I saved all my good comments for your other review. So glad you will be back – we look forward to your next visit.
Coldwater, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights between Christmas and New Years. It was a fantastic value at $96 per night (CAA rate), especially since parking and breakfast were included. The room was extremely clean...even often overlooked surfaces such as windowsills were spotless...and included a fridge and microwave. The furniture and bathroom were in excellent condition, too, and the rug was clean. We had a swim in the pool, which was a decent size, and a soak in the hot tub, which was quite tiny, although no big deal since we were the only ones there. The breakfast was fine...not stellar, but certainly adequate. I was surprised that there was no decaf coffee available in the mornings, though. We didn't have a chance to eat at Quattro, the restaurant, but heard from relatives in the Soo that it's very good and lots of locals like to eat there.

My only complaint is room specific...the heating system was so incredibly noisy that we had to wear ear plugs to sleep! It loudly tapped, scraped and pinged all night long...and there didn't seem to be a "dead zone" range where the system stayed off. If we set it to 71 degrees, it pinged and tapped its way there, shut off for a minute, then the air con clicked in...back and forth all night. It sounded like someone was scraping ice off the window all night long! This was room 3389.

Assuming other rooms don't have the heating issue, we will definitely stay there again as it is so reasonably priced for the quality received...and extremely clean!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Tricia L, Marketing & Communications Manager at Quattro Hotel & Conf. Centre, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a thorough review! We were very sorry to learn about the heater noise. Maintenance has already been dispatched to the room for the heater repair with our apologies over any lost sleep. We are certainly glad you enjoyed the facility and noted our attention to detail in terms of cleaning. We also took note of your comments regarding decaf coffee and will be discussing with our food and beverage department as we do have decaf available. As much as some of love our caffeine, we also appreciate that not everyone does and we enjoy providing our guests with as many options as possible for their comfort. We look forward to your next visit with the Soo relatives where we can impress you with our cleaning once again. We hope you will have time to visit Quattro Chophouse + Bar and do as the locals do.
Northern Ontario
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Our daughter bought us a "date night" special which was the reason for our stay. We usually stay at the Delta when in the Sault but I think we may have to switch it up and stay here from now on. What a lovely staff...welcoming and really know what HOSPITALITY truly is, with a warm friendly greeting and follow up to ensure our needs were being met. The rooms are new and clean...comfy bed. The "date night" included dinner in the restaurant which was just wonderful. The staff there was amazing also (especially Megan). The food was excellent and the atmosphere quite relaxing. We will return!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Tricia L, Marketing & Communications Manager at Quattro Hotel & Conf. Centre, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
A fabulous review after a fabulous experience. We couldn’t ask for a better Christmas present. We are so happy that you enjoyed your “date night” – a wonderful dinner at Quattro Chophouse + Bar followed by a great evening in your clean suite and comfy bed. (Megan is definitely top notch!) We couldn’t be more pleased that all of your needs were met and that we made a new fan. We look forward to your return!
Saint Jerome, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2013

When I booked my room here I taught it was at the confort Inn because I needed a room fast so I checked fast. I had a rate of 109$/night that is even cheap for a Confort Inn so I was amazed to finaly see what hotel it was !

Rooms are very well renewed with good furniture. Beds are more than excellent and everything in the room was working fine and extremely clean.

The poeple at the front desk are very polite and helpful, the continental breakfast include warm food and taste good. I didn't had time to try the restaurant cause I checked in around midnight.

The pool room is very nice, good temperature in both pool and hot tub and a big sauna complete well that area. I didn't try the gym cause I only brought winter boots, no regular shoes, but equipment seems to be in nice condition.

For the location, I just arrived this night and I don't know the town, so I cannot tell if it's at a good place but it seems to be one of the closest from the airport.

So I did the right choice to pick the top rated hotel in here, and I suggest anyone to do the same. I will definitely go back here on my next visit to Sault-Ste-Marie !

• Stayed December 2013
Tricia L, Marketing & Communications Manager at Quattro Hotel & Conf. Centre, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Your good choices and our good fortune that you ended up in the front lobby of Comfort Suites. We truly believe our hotel has the best that the Soo has to offer and we are so glad that you agree. We do have an array of amenities from our work out room, hot tub, salt water pool and work out area to the onsite spa and restaurant. We love to hear that the rooms exceeded your expectations and of course, we always enjoy good feedback on our continental breakfast. We hope you will have time to visit Quattro Chophouse + Bar on your next visit to Sault Ste. Marie. We look forward to seeing you next time.
Elliot Lake, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The hotel staff were great and friendly. Rooms very nice. The restaurant Quattro food is as my wife would say to die for. Rod Duhaime and staff do what it takes to make you completely satisfied . We have stayed there more then once and will continue to do so. Charlie Flintoff

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Tricia L, Marketing & Communications Manager at Quattro Hotel & Conf. Centre, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Hello Charlie ! Rod certainly makes an impression doesn't he! Just one of our little secrets to happy and returning customers. And so is our 'to die for' Quattro Chophouse + Bar food fair. One of our favourite comments so far! We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is a pleasure to host you and we look forward to your next visit.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Suites for a UFCW conference. The meeting rooms are state-of-the-art. The staff are extremely helpful and knowledgble. Thanks Ben for all your hard work! I will suggest that we use this hotel for future conferences!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Tricia L, Marketing & Communications Manager at Quattro Hotel & Conf. Centre, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
State of the art is a great phrase in our industry and we are so grateful to you for using it to describe our meeting spaces. Our conference centre is indeed the largest in Northern Ontario. We have a multitude of options for room set up and equipment. And of course, a few people on staff who know a thing or two to assist guests when needed. Just one of the ways we like to service our guests (on top of being helpful and knowledgeable!) We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to continued business with the UFCW. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.