“Mmmm...steak!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This place was recommended by the concierge at the Fairfield Marriott.

Wow...one of the best steaks I have ever had. Quiet, great atmosphere and prompt service. Reasonable prices for a good steakhouse. Everything was spiced perfectly...didn't even need to add salt to my baked potato.

Would definitely recommend.

2  Thank Chad K

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Finally made it to Embers on Friday, June 13 for dinner with a friend. Our intention was to go somewhere completely different and our attire DEFINITELY made us feel out of place, but we just joked our way through it.

We ordered two appetizers to share -- the smoked duck breast salad and the roasted red pepper and onion bruschetta. Both were delicious despite the fact that I had to pick the walnuts out of the salad (I missed that in the description, otherwise I would have ordered it without the walnuts). The duck was cooked perfectly, and paired beautifully with the blueberry dressing and goat cheese. The bruschetta was just the right amount of sweet, and the watercress was a lovely and delicate touch.

My friend ordered the smoked meatloaf with garlic mashed. She loved every bite of it and adored the homemade ketchup. I ordered the blueberry short ribs, which were delicious. They were perfectly smoked and the blueberry BBQ sauce was an ideal mix of smokey and sweet. However, the ribs weren't very meaty, so I likely won't order them again. This is not meant to be a criticism, it's just the nature of short ribs.

We shared the creme brulee for dessert -- YUMMMMMMM. Is it even possible to find bad creme brulee?

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience and we'll DEFINITELY be back! Looking forward to trying a steak next time.

2  Thank slackhopper
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Looked at the menu on trip advisor and chose this place. We were so glad we did. Very classy place with friendly servers. The specials sounded awesome, but we chose the meatloaf (amazing) and applewood ribs (mmmm). Don't know if I'll get back to Sault Ste Marie, but I'd love to eat there again.

1  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I came to Embers for a staff Christmas party. I love the nightly specials, the night I came they were eel and kangaroo. No one in our party was brave enough. one of our group ordered the drink special, which was BLT Ceasar, they make the own bacon infused vodka. I ordered the steak which was cooked perfectly. There was not one complaint at the table.

1  Thank Silvia D
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Went here with my girlfriend for dinner, wasn't too busy and atmosphere was quiet nice. The server was wonderful very polite and knew everything about the various nightly specials. The dinner was good, loved the smoked duck. Would return any time.

1  Thank Gregory G