“This is my favourite chef”
Review of Antico Restaurant

Antico Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“This is my favourite chef”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Art is the previous owner of my former favourite restaurant, Artero's. His sons are now running that restaurant and Art has opened his new place. I haven't tried Artero's with the new chefs because I preferred to move with the chef that I know and love. (I'm sure they are fine chefs being as they learned from their father). This new place has a different feel to it, cozier, smaller and more intimate but still the same perfection and attention to detail, still the same pleasant atmosphere, still the best service with friendly, attentive waitresses and waiters and still the best cooked meals in the Sault.

• Visited February 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent Tuscan cuisine”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Do Not hesitate to dine here. The food is fresh northern Italian prepared with care. The bruschetta was tasty with just the right amount of zest; the antipasto plate was so tasty. Salmon was cooked to just the perfect point. Tiramisu was creamy with bits of chocolate sprinkled in. If we lived in the Saulte, this would surely become our favorite restaurant! The house red wine is (unusually) excellent: bright, not heavy, flavor that compliments the food.

Collingwood, Canada
“Felt Just right”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I was in anticos in early march (a little late for my review ) myself and my partner had a wonderful experience, i love the small seating restaurant, makes me remember my time in toronto and abroad where restaurants are just a tiny bit more… tiny. i love the food, i had an old friend serving me which was great to see familiar faces when being gone for so long, art was very welcoming and the food was as i said to him the best meal of my life, i don't know if it was the wine, the food, the people or that fact that I was just plain hungry, the night is something to remember… this is a place to make special memories. and to really spoil your diet.. but doing that all in the best way possible

• Visited March 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Prepare to be pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

An isolated restaurant in a former convenience store in the middle of a residential neighbourhood is probably not the first place you would go looking for great Italian food. But in a city with a great Italian heritage and a corresponding number of good restaurants, Antico stands out as a "must try".

I had a veal shank with beef ravioli that was as good as I've had anywhere. My wife had salmon with Gorgonzola gnocchi and she tells me it was "fantastic".

If you find yourself in Sault Ste. Marie looking for someplace with great food that's a little off the beaten track, I highly recommend you give Antico's a try. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Visited March 2014
Sault Ste. Marie
“Best Meal I ever had!!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

You saw the title and if you follow my reviews I don't give good if I don't get it. Well this wasn't good it was fabulous. From the beginning to end it was the best of everything. Do yourself a favor and eat here.

• Visited January 2014