“mediocre at best”

Casa Mia, Family Eatery
Cuisines: Italian
“mediocre at best”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Went for a birthday dinner Aug. 21, started off good, front of house staff was very friendly and explained how the family style dining worked. Our server was a little "fake" for lack of a better word, kinda forced friendliness. Everybody at the table had an alcoholic beverage, I don't drink and also have diabetes, ordered a diet coke, when said diet coke came it tasted regular, all I drink is diet pop and it had an almost syrupy taste, mentioned this to the server and got this reply, verbatim "I've gotten that a lot, but I checked the line from the box and it's diet, also I don't drink diet pop and I've tasted it and it's diet" ... OK then, so much for the customer is always right? couldn't you have at least humoured me and dumped it out and bring me another one? As for the food, for starter we had mozza sticks and baked garlic shrimp which were good, decent portion, for a main chicken parm, which was good but little tiny pieces of chicken and ribs, decent portion of those, dessert pretty standard stuff, definitely not homemade, something you'd get from Costco, overall, nice atmosphere, decent food, but it's all about customer service and handling customers and complaints, and that server failed.

Visited July 2013

“A New Experience”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

The first restaurant of its kind in the Sault. It's served family style, which was fun, but means you are limited in your choices, and it's a flat rate of $18 each. So if you're looking to order a la carte, and keep it cheap, this is not the place for you.
Otherwise, the food was good and comes portioned for how many people are at the table. The service is like that at a buffet. Efficient and friendly, but not super personalized. The restaurant was clean though and was a comfortable environment. I'll go back, just for the experience; I like that it's very family focused.

• Visited June 2013
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Food was okay but....... Price subject to change???”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Food was typical family banquet style for the Sault. Your group chooses two appetizers, a salad, two mains, two sides, and two desserts. Food was okay, but nothing exciting. If you want cheap Italian meal for picky eaters, this would be the restaurant for you. However, if you are gluten free or vegetarian, your options are minimal.

Warning:
I went to pay for my bill and they had over charged me for two martinis. I called the waitress on it, because it was $2 over the advertised price. She went into the back, came back and said: "oh well, the price advertised on the menu isn't right - and we can change it when we want because the menu says "prices subject to change", but I don't care, I just told them to give you $2 off." SERIOUSLY? You can charge someone whatever you want, because your menu says subject to change??? Frankly you should care, this is your job, and you are representing false advertisements.

Because of the random unadvertised price for drinks, bad attitude, changing my reservation without letting me know, and ok food, I will not be returning.

• Visited May 2013