“Friendly, Delicious and very Affordable”

Muio's Restaurant & Tavern
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Manitou Beach, Michigan, United States
“Friendly, Delicious and very Affordable”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We read about Muio's in a magazine we got on the Agawa Train Tour that mentioned the strong Sault Sainte Marie Italian heritage. Our Saturday dinner experience was excellent! Most of the patrons were elderly locals well-known to each other and the staff- always a good sign. They make their own sauces and ravioli, so we ordered spaghetti and ravioli from the senior menu, which has many choices, all for $9.95 each. This included coleslaw or a salad (with an option to upgrade to a Caesar salad for $1.25, which was outstanding), Italian bread, and tea or coffee. My husband had one meatball, which was very tasty. I got the 1/4 chicken and was pleased to be asked "white or dark meat?", choosing dark. It was broasted- very crispy but moist. A couple with two toddlers sat near us and the staff was SO helpful, providing crayons and paper to keep the kids busy, finding a safer "big boy chair" for the 2 yr old who refused to sit in the "baby chair" but almost fell when he kept standing up on the adult chair that matched others at the table. This was the one of the best dining experiences we've ever had for the price and would definitely recommend it!

Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Prices for lunch”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Lunch for $10 with unlimited refills of coffee. Great waitresses and awesome food. Known for their broasted chicken and potatoes. Great location for a Quick lunch.

Elliot Lake, Canada
“You will enjoy the food and the prices here”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been going to this Restaurant it seems like forever, and I have yet to taste a meal quite as flavorful. The service is second to none ,and the price of enjoyment is great.When you visit Sault Ste. Marie ,Ontario .I fully recomend this restaurant to anyone!

• Visited August 2013
Alberta, Canada
“Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I went with my bf and his family to this place on one of our last days in the Soo and "Mom" told me that they have the best chicken sandwich she's ever had. I couldn't resist trying it. Portion size was great, I was starving and the chicken did not disappoint. Simple, crispy chicken on a bun with a perfectly spiced tomato style sauce (salsa?) on the side. This place has been around for decades, in fact my mom-in-law used to go there as a teen! Classic style, large dining room right down town. Felt like a staple of the Soo.

Visited May 2014
Sault Ste. Marie
“Another favourite restaurant!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We love going here and having been going here for years! The variety of food is excellent, the prices are reasonable, the servers are courteous. We sometimes even order take out, too. Excellent, central location.

Visited June 2014