“Love this Restaurant!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
Sault Ste. Marie
“Love this Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was quite surprised by "Not Impressed at all" comments. My husband and I have been going to this restaurant since it opened 42 years ago. We were there again tonight with family members and had our favourite dinner - the Family Style #2 menu selection (chicken noodle soup, lasagna, veal parm, roast chicken, roast potatoes, salad). It was excellent as always and considering the amount of food we had, well worth the $22. I have had lasagna and salad only at other restaurants in town and paid $16.95 for it so this is a great deal for awesome food. They also have great specials where you can have an appetizer, dinner and dessert for only $25. The staff and owner are always more than welcoming and happy to be of service. This is also my favourite place to lunch with friends who love going there as well. We will definitely continue our tradition of eating at this fine establishment.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Theone C

“Not impressed at all”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Went with friends before the concert. Service was very slow. My husband and I ordered the family style dinner for two. The soup was just ok. Too much broth not enough noodles. When the lasagna came it was not even what I consider lasagna. Just noodles and sauce looked like there may have been one little meat ball chopped up and put in the sauce. No cheese. We sent it back. The noodles tasted gummy and not very good. The waitress brought another which had a little more cheese and a little more meat. We ate a little because by this time we were starving. Then came the over cooked chicken parm which was so thin and chewy, the roast chicken was dry and tasted reheated. The potatoes were good. The salad was good. But for 22 dollars a person I wanted to eat more then roasted potatoes.
My friend had baked sole. It was the tiniest piece of fish but it was still in the foil tent when brought to her no presentation on the plate just baked fish stuck in places to tin foil. Not very apealing.

We were there over two hours.
When we went to pay the owner (i assume) asked us how was everything I told him I was not impressed and how bad the food was. He still took our money, lol. If I wasn't with friends and not wanting to embarrass them I would have said more and not paid but we just wanted to get to the concert.
I will let my feet do the talking and not go back.

It use to be a great place for Italian. Been around for a long time but going downhill.
Sorry.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Roberta B
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I went to this restaurant this past Saturday night and had a wonderful experience! The food was amazing and we were well taking care if from the friendly staff. I would definitely recommend Cesira's to my friends and family.

• Visited May 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Mother's Day Dinner.. Not impressed with food however service was excellent”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I don't think I will ever go back. For the price of the dinner I had, it simply was not worth it. The lagsana was swimming in bowl and for paying the extra for meat and cheese I question were the cheese was .. if any... and the meat tasted like they just fried it and piled it on top. The other dinner guests that we were with said it was meh... have had better but ate it anyway. The server we had however was EXCELLENT.... pricing is a little on the high side for some items and I know that I can get much better for 5-7 $ cheaper @ other restaurants. Also wanted to say that I sent a comment directly to Cesira's web page explaining what my concern was.. never got a response.. 'magine that. p.s. We dined on Saturday night instead of actual Mother's Day Sunday as they were closed.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dieppe, Canada
“Great food, lots of GF options.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Very impressed with the number of gluten free options available at Cesira's. Food was fresh and tasty. Very reasonable prices. Menu has lunch and full sized portions available. The chick pea salad and veggies to start was delish. Very good service. Decor could use a bit of an update but this did not take anything away from a great meal.

• Visited April 2014