Giovanni's Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Wow. This is the greatest Italian food that I have tasted. Great food and an amazing staff. The pasta sauce is fantastic and you can get it to take out at Fratelli's, next door. Every time I am in the Sault I always stop here. Whatever you order, you will love it

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Have been going to SSM for the last 18+ years and we always end up here at least once. It is the grandkids favourite place for pasta and ours for veal/pasta. The staff is always welcoming and we know what to expect. But, I will say, I did not enjoy my lemon picata last week.
It is always a busy place and we do look foreward to eating here.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

First off I want to point out that I did not go to Giovanni's. I went to Gigi's which is owned by the same family. I tried to find Gigi's on tripadvisor but I couldn't find their page so I am posting here. After browsing their uninspired menu, I chose chicken piccata and my brother decided to get chicken mediterranean. The chicken piccata came out and it was pale colored(not seared). It seems like they didn't have their oil at the right temperature so instead of a nice seared chicken, I got a poached, white, pale chicken. To make matters worst the piccata "sauce" was watery with what looked like little spots of lemon juice in the water. The 3 huge mushroom slices that came on top of the chicken tasted like pure canola oil(again poached with low heated oil). My brother who had the chicken mediterranean had the same looking chicken as me even though it was supposed to be grilled(no grill marks). His "sauce" was also water and instead of mushrooms he had feta/red peppers/ and onions. It looked like the same meal but with different toppings. After this disappointing experience with both chicken dishes I dove into the meat ravioli only to find out that it was under sauced(also watery), and it seemed like the ravioli's were store bought. They were very doughy and the meat inside was pasty. I explained all this to the server in a calm manner. She apologized and offered me a free dessert. I passed on the dessert since I had such a horrible meal. I would have liked at least $5 off my meal. In total I spent $20 on a really bad experience. This is NOT authentic italian food.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We love going to Giovanni's as it has great food, consistently great service and awesome atmosphere. I recommend this to anyone I can. The ribs and the chicken parmesan are my favourites and you cannot go wrong with any of the pasta dishes either.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our own local family's first choice for dining as well as our out of town family and friends.
Excellent service and fine food in a beautiful and cozy atmosphere as well as separate dining rooms for groups.