“Great food and service. Pretty good ambience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of North 82 Steak & Beverage Co

North 82 Steak & Beverage Co
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Greek, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oakville, Canada
“Great food and service. Pretty good ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stopped in Sault ste. Marie, ON enroute to Toronto. We were looking to eat good quality food after spending all the day eating chips and hamburgers while driving and luckily stopped by at this restaurant.
The food was amazing (at par with any good restaurant in Toronto). We ordered a kids menu for our daughter who seemed to enjoy her grilled cheese sandwich and fries. Our order for baked tortellini was a huge portion and the 'catch of the day' pickerel fish was pan- fried to near perfection. The portions were huge, average around $18-19 per entre and even though we were hungry we couldn't finish everything.
The server was friendly and ambience was decent. The place was a little loud, though with so many separate dining sections, I am sure finding a quiet corner won't be a problem. Just make sure you specifically ask for sections away from the bar area for your quiet moments.
Overall I rate the food and overall experience at par with good/very good restaurants that I have visited. If I am ever in this area I will definitely return here.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

northern ontario
“North 82”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Our favourite restaurant in the whole world - and for the sarcastic, we have travelled to many countries. Mike and the rest of the crew are friendly, fun and accommodating. I have NEVER had a bad meal there. I just wish that the Chicken North 82 was still on the menu.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“a new 'contenda'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Family and I went to North 82 tonight and we really enjoyed it. First time with the new decor and I agree with a previous reviewer, that they have up-scaled it a bit. I also like that they seemed to have sectioned it off a bit more, so you get more privacy and don't have 18 tables near by to listen to.
The waitress was very nice and prompt, I got a beer right away while waiting for my family and then we got our nacho's (very tasty) quickly while figuring out what to have. I got the special of grilled jumbo shrimp and pasta and upgraded the salad for 2 bucks to a Caesar. Family got the Prime rib and pasta with a Greek salad. The salads came quickly and were good, not the best I have ever had, but don't take that as a real criticism as it was fresh and tasty.
The only down side to our visit was the wait between salad and entree...I almost knocked a star off my review as it was too long..at least 15 min, probably a bit more, certainly enough to really notice...the waitress did stop by and say she was sorry, a big group was just leaving and ours would come soon----that might be, but I noticed a few other reviews talking about delays, so I hope management reads these and fix what ever the problem is as its clear, they do have some sort of timing problem.
The up side, and what kept the 5th star for this review, was the entree was excellent for both of us. family really liked the huge chunk of meat they got and I really enjoyed the 8 huge jumbo shrimp-4 to a skewer, well cooked and a nice grilled seasoning to them-the pasta's were good as well
So the service was very good, atmosphere was new and fresh with a bit of privacy, food was excellent and the price was very good for the things we got. My bill, with tax and 15% tip came to 43 bucks and that's an excellent deal for the quality. My family felt similar for what they paid
...there is some pricey stuff, I saw a 16$ burger...that better be a good goddamn burger for 16 bucks-one other small note, I was sorry to see they no longer have ribs on their menu, too bad, they used to do a nice job.
In any case, this meal was so good, this place got itself on our little list of places we always consider when going out...Quatro, Giovanni's and now North 82

Winnipeg
“Great food, great service, nice changes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

I have gone here before and it was so-so. Good, but not extraordinary. I had never written a review before but my recent trip pleased me so I had to write a review!

The restaurant looks great, not that it looked bad before, but now it is a little fancier than before I guess you could say.

I went there for lunch on my way out of the Sault, and ordered beef barley soup with a beef dip sandwich. The soup was huge (should have just ordered that as I don't eat much) and it was probably the best soup I have tasted in a year! FANTASTIC :)

The beef dip was great although I only had room for half and I was stuffed. Tons of meat and great bread.

The server was great, friendly and fast. I am from Sudbury so I usually just assume that I am going to get less than average service, but she definately showed me actual service.

I want to add that I have been here about 4 times and I have NEVER had a problem with the food and always enjoyed what I had there. This particular visit just stood out as I got a great server.

BEST restaurant I have been to in SSM. Will be going back again and again!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“North 82 Needs more than just a reno.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

This would be the second time here in a week. The first time there were 18 of us for lunch with no reservation. If u ordered a salad u were fed first. Unfortunately our table ordered 2 steak sand. so we waited over an hour to be served. I chalked it up to being unannounced and a big party.
Then we made a reservation a week later for 5;30 for dinner. The waitress was awesome. She took our order at 6:00. At 6:40 she informed us that the kitchen did not have the cut of steak my husband ordered. 40 min. after our order was taken and one hour and ten min. after our booked reservation. Finally at 6;50 OUR FOOD WAS SERVED!!!!! I of course asked for a discount from the waitress. She said she couldn't, so I asked to speak to the manager. She went to get him (I watched her speak with him) The waitress came back and said she could discount the check 10%. The manager wouldn't even come to speak with a customer. He sent the waitress to do his dirty work and only offer 10% off. What a coward!!! I will not be back again. I guess our $200 food bill wasn't enough to warrant an apology from the manager at all... Well I'll spend my hard earned money somewhere else instead.!!!!!!

1 Thank saultgirl_jen