“Reasonable Breakfast!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
“Reasonable Breakfast!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We often stop on our way through Sault Ste. Marie, for an early morning breakfast! Good coffee, average breakfast. The major problem is the bathrooms are down the basement! Not terribly pleasant! Clean and service staff very pleasant, a hearty breakfast for all tastes and ages!

• Visited December 2012

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Horrible Disaster”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Should have known when pulling into the parking lot at 7pm on a Sunday night that it was not a good sign. However, I am from the area and have been wanting to try some new restaurants I have yet to try... thinking maybe I would find a hidden gem. Well, let me tell you that wasn't the story here.

An Italian lady greeted us when we walked in, which was nice. Other than that, it was horrible. We ordered. Took them about 10 minutes to bring our drinks even though it was just us and one other solo person dining. Then they brought the salad, only we had no cutlery to eat it. She came back about another 10 minutes later and we told her we needed cutlery to eat. Not that I really wanted to eat my salad, since it was supposed to be a "garden salad", which apparently means brown iceberg lettuce, unripened tomatoes and some cucumber. No thanks. The bread was stale.

Dinner came. I had ordered the special - Chicken Parmigiana with Gnocchi. I do not eat red meat. The gnocchi came with meat sauce, which i shrugged off since I have never had it before and thought maybe this is the norm and it was the side dish anyway. Too bad it didn't get any better - the "Parmesan" on the chicken was indeed mozzarella, and the sauce between the cheese and chicken was ANOTHER layer of meat sauce. Chicken parmigiana is supposed to be made with plain tomato sauce, not have hamburger meat in it. I asked the server if it indeed was meat sauce and she said yes. I told her I just wouldn't eat it and would scrape it off.... I didn't end up eating it as I shared some of my moms roasted chicken instead.

She said her chicken and ribs were good, so at least she enjoyed her food. I wasn't offered any substitutions or anything to "make it right".

Waited for our waitress to return (by this time we were the only ones in the restaurant) so we could ask for my dinner to go to bring home to my red-meat-eating husband, but she never came. I had to approach the cash counter where no one was, and wait another 5 minutes for her to appear. She gave me a to-go container and then we had to return to get our bill from her - guess she couldn't be bothered to walk over to our table.

Anyway, I will never be going here again.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank firepixie
Ottawa, Canada
“They know how”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

You walk in the door and the owners start to chat you up right away. Joking and having fun.
They take the time to stop by every table, sometimes even grabbing a chair, just to chat and say hi.
Good portions and good value. Excellent service.

Visited July 2012
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Terrible!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The chicken sandwich I ordered for lunch arrived with no butter, no mayo ,no lettuce,no anything that makes a sandwich. The waitress was not helpful. My family has never gone there again.

Visited May 2012
Manitowaning
“Slow”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The service was very friendly but slow. For how busy they were, we had about a 45 minute wait for our food; but at least we were offered free drinks to make up for it.
The pasta was el dente, just the way we like, but it and the sauce should have been hotter. Also the accompaniment bread was cold and the butter as well.....I am talking refridge cold and hard to spread.
The waitress, Ang, was very nice and was working hard.

Visited April 2012