“The best and freshest cooked Chinese Food in the Soo” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hong Kong Restaurant
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sault Ste Marie
“The best and freshest cooked Chinese Food in the Soo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We have eaten here many times the last few years and the food is excellent and reasonably priced. The restaurant id not very large so just arrive early , you certainly will not be disappointed with the food and will probably ask for a doggy bag to take some home, especially their chicken balls, real tasty and large compared to other places. If you like Chinese food I am sure you will return here anytime you are in town. My wife always orders a combination plate and has extra chicken balls rather than shrimp and seems to have enough for another meal or two when taking the extras home. My daughter and husband order the Chicken Almond Soo Guy, very good!! A very busy New Years Eve takeout business, order early as they are very, very busy delivering that evening especially.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Basswood72

Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place to Eat or Take Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We eat at this restaurant often. My husband and I share a Combination Plate and then we either order the Chicken Almond Soo Guy or the Beef Satay with Noodles. It was one of the servers who told us about the Beef Satay with Noodles - awesome dish with just enough spice for me. My husband orders an egg roll as well - I do not as I find them too peppery. We always take a doggy bag home with us and there is enough for us for lunch the next day. The staff is great, food is fresh, plentiful and hot.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Theresa M
Ontario
“Finished With This Place!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

The Hong Kong has always been a good place to get Chinese, pricey, but good.

My most recent experience tells me that they have let quality slide, and I will not be returning. I felt like I was really ripped off for what I paid, and what I received. Basically, what I got was a $55 bag full of bean sprouts!

I was told that I could pick up my order in 40-45 minutes. I arrived forty minutes later, expecting to wait a short period of time. In my mind, a short period of time wasn't another 40 minutes! That was ridiculous!

I had ordered to four dishes plus egg rolls to go. There were three meat dishes, beef, pork, chicken, and mushroom egg foo yung. When I arrived home and started opening the containers, it looked like a sea of bean sprouts! (don't get me wrong, I LOVE bean sprouts..it should just not be the bulk of the recipe)

When we dug into the different meat dishes, it became a game to find a piece of meat somewhere inside the pile of bean sprouts. All the dishes were the same! Even the egg fu yung was just a thin coating of fried eggs over a mound of bean sprouts!!! I think I found a piece of canned mushroom and a pea at some point during the meal.

Sorry guys....you've lost our business for good.

p.s. Oh ya, what the hell was up with the egg rolls? I've never seen anything like that in my life. I expected to get sick, but didn't. yikes!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank porcelainpony
Toronto, Canada
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

I ordered the Cantonese chow Mein and it was something I wouldn't serve my cat or dog. Noodles should be either fried crispy and softened by the ‘gravy’ or stir fried semi-soft.
The noodles in question were soggy in some parts (like 30 minute pasta), and burnt crisp (black) in others. The vegetables were overcooked and the whole dish must have been forgotten on the heat.
So much for ‘stir fry’, it was just pan burnt. I don’t know how any restaurant would let that leave their kitchen, except to go out into the trash.
My twelve year old son would be embarrassed to serve that kind of ‘food’.
On the plus side, the server was both amiable and efficient, but this couldn’t make up for the kitchen mayhem.

• Visited July 2012
Sault Ste Marie
“bland”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Have yet to have a tasty meal from this restaurant. It seems like all the ingredients are there except flavor.

Visited October 2011