“Excellent place to stay”
Review of Capri Inn

Capri Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I felt very comfortable during my stay in the hotel The room was new, spacious and really quiet. The view from my window was very nice, the river in the mornings looked great. The stuff was always very helpful. Every thing was perfect!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Capri Inn

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My daughter and I were totally impressed with the Capri Inn. The rooms are brand new and quiet. There was a queen bed, couch and sitting area and large tv. We were also grateful for the riverside view. The staff is very helpful, cheerful and accommodating. It is close to McDonald's and lots of shopping. I look forward to being able to stay at the Capri Inn again. Thank you, Mary at the Capri Inn!

Room Tip: Nice riverside view rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Cheerful check-in staff. Good sized, clean room with mini-fridge and coffee maker. The bed was good but I found the pillows were too big - it was hard to get comfortable. The bathroom was spotless, the shower was fine and the towels were nice and fluffy. 42" flat screen TV. They offer juice and pastries after 7:00 a.m. but, as we left earlier, it was nice that there was a 24 hour Tim Hortons just down the road.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and I recently stayed in Capri Inn. We were very pleased. The room was very clean and very reasonably priced. The management is friendly and seeking to please. We would stay there again any time we come to St. Catharines and need a motel
Stuart Latimer

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank StuLatimer
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We chose the Capri on the strength of the reviews here, and were not disappointed. We were able to book a few months in advance, and got a nice low rate (the friendly lady at the front desk remarked on how low it was compared to if we had just walked in and asked for a room). We arrived on a Thursday, and had lots of choice of rooms - she recommended one on the second floor in the corner where the two wings connected. It faced away from the street, had a very nice view of a large pond, and proved to be very quiet. Thanks to recent renovations, the room itself was better-equipped than most in this price class, and was actually superior to many we've seen at much higher prices. The refrigerator was much appreciated by us, as was the coffee maker. The only weak point was the "continental breakfast", which consisted of junky muffins and danish, plus some juice (I tried the OJ, and thought it had an unpleasant chemical taste). No biggie for us, as we had our own cereal and other breakfast items in our room.

We've stayed at a number of places in the St. Catherines area over the years, and the Capri is the best value we've found - we'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street or the QEW, preferably on the second floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I booked our stay to St. Catharines at the Capri Inn because of all the wonderful reviews it had here on TripAdvisor. The staff was very friendly and helpful both with directions, information about places to eat and attractions in town. The room was clean. The showers hot and water pressure great. Fridge in rooms and coffee pot with tea and coffee. A safe in the room, ironing board/iron and hair dryer. Free Wifi. Great place. Very reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We booked this hotel based on the great reviews and I'm not sorry. We arrived after a day at Niagara Falls and at first sight, the inn was not quite what I had expected. It's an older style building with doors leading directly outside, two storey with stairs. As soon as I stepped into the office with my visiting family members, Mary at the front desk had us in stitches. We laughed so hard that tears were streaming from our faces as she described the various room options and scenery, complete with pros/cons and illustrations. Since there were three of us (my cousin & wife, plus me) she suggested a larger room with a privacy partition. Perfect. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. It had two queen beds, a table and chairs, a lovely leather sofa, a fridge and coffee/tea/hot chocolate and the usual tv, dresser etc. There were plenty of towels in the super bright clean bathroom. As soon as we were settled, there was a knock on the door and a gentleman checked to see if the air conditioning was at a satisfactory level. There was even an unexpected juice/muffin/Danish selection of snacks in the morning. We visited Mary a few more times just to enjoy her stand-up comedy. She gave us good advice on where to dine. The location of this inn is fantastic and the rates were more than reasonable. I look forward to going back.

Room Tip: We were in the large room on the second floor above the office. It was on the street side but we hea...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Catharines
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in St. Catharines
Fairview - Facer
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake

Been to Capri Inn? Share your experiences!