“Aboslutely wonderful place to stay”
Review of Capri Inn

Capri Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Kingston, Canada
“Aboslutely wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was a bit sceptical at first im in the hospitality field I read all the reviews wanted to stop for a night so I chose Capri Inn and I absolutely was not disappointed check in was easy and great Mary was a charm so delightfully nice, the room was clean warm and so comfertable the bed was awsome had a great sleep, the customer service and room exceeded my expectations, great value for money.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank ladym901

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
St. Catharines, Ontario
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I had to go here because my place got flooded and I couldn't stay in it overnight. I literally "crashed". The linens were clean, the floor was clean, the shower was really clean (too clean!) and I had a great rest. Although it was only one night, this is the place where you spend a week or so and if you're a musician you could probably write a really good song.

Room Tip: Ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Buenos Aires
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I felt very comfortable during my stay in the hotel The room was new, spacious and really quiet. The view from my window was very nice, the river in the mornings looked great. The stuff was always very helpful. Every thing was perfect!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My daughter and I were totally impressed with the Capri Inn. The rooms are brand new and quiet. There was a queen bed, couch and sitting area and large tv. We were also grateful for the riverside view. The staff is very helpful, cheerful and accommodating. It is close to McDonald's and lots of shopping. I look forward to being able to stay at the Capri Inn again. Thank you, Mary at the Capri Inn!

Room Tip: Nice riverside view rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Newcastle, Ontario
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Cheerful check-in staff. Good sized, clean room with mini-fridge and coffee maker. The bed was good but I found the pillows were too big - it was hard to get comfortable. The bathroom was spotless, the shower was fine and the towels were nice and fluffy. 42" flat screen TV. They offer juice and pastries after 7:00 a.m. but, as we left earlier, it was nice that there was a 24 hour Tim Hortons just down the road.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Taylors
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and I recently stayed in Capri Inn. We were very pleased. The room was very clean and very reasonably priced. The management is friendly and seeking to please. We would stay there again any time we come to St. Catharines and need a motel
Stuart Latimer

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank StuLatimer
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We chose the Capri on the strength of the reviews here, and were not disappointed. We were able to book a few months in advance, and got a nice low rate (the friendly lady at the front desk remarked on how low it was compared to if we had just walked in and asked for a room). We arrived on a Thursday, and had lots of choice of rooms - she recommended one on the second floor in the corner where the two wings connected. It faced away from the street, had a very nice view of a large pond, and proved to be very quiet. Thanks to recent renovations, the room itself was better-equipped than most in this price class, and was actually superior to many we've seen at much higher prices. The refrigerator was much appreciated by us, as was the coffee maker. The only weak point was the "continental breakfast", which consisted of junky muffins and danish, plus some juice (I tried the OJ, and thought it had an unpleasant chemical taste). No biggie for us, as we had our own cereal and other breakfast items in our room.

We've stayed at a number of places in the St. Catherines area over the years, and the Capri is the best value we've found - we'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street or the QEW, preferably on the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Catharines
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in St. Catharines
Fairview - Facer
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#9 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake

Been to Capri Inn? Share your experiences!