“Great service!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Alberta
“Great service!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Average hotel room for an average price. Convenient location right off the QEW. The rooms are as quiet as other reviewers said. Mary is a perfect hostess! She is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We had a one night reservation with our second nights' accommodation unplanned. We returned to this hotel for the second night. Thanks Mary!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AlbertaBeenThere

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Capri Inn was perfect for my wife and I. Simple and affordable. Great location (right off a highway) between Toronto, Niagara Falls and the Ontario wine country. I highly recommend it! I am certain that we will stay here again!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of a cute little pond, go for those!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dexter
Reviewed 20 March 2014

After reading other reviews, I decided to give this little motor inn a shot on my solo pass through from Michigan to New York. It did not disappoint! I arrived late on a very cold night, so the outdoor access gave me pause, but Mary was immediately helpful and friendly. The room decor is dated but everything was exceptionally clean and the bed was more comfortable than almost any hotel bed I've ever stayed in. With that and the surprising quietness of the room (considering the extremely convenient location right off the QEW), I got a great night's sleep and got on my way across the border with some additional guidance from Mary again in the morning. Breakfast is pre-packaged muffins/danish, but that was solved by the Tim Horton's across the street!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I have stayed in several different chain hotels in St. Catharine's and a couple of their motels and this was the best. It has the standard 2 level L-shaped motel design and it faces the somewhat noisy QEW. That worried me a little when I was checking in but Mary proudly said "let me show you the room". I commented that there were no windows in that room facing the parking lot, but a nice big window faces the river and conservation area behind. She closed the door to demonstrate how you cannot hear anything outside. With the door closed it was silent. By the way, she showed me a room with the window facing the parking lot and demonstrated that you can't hear the QEW with the door closed in that room either!

The one queen bed room has plenty of room for a leather couch and coffee table. There is also a desk and a little sitting table with 2 nice comfy padded chairs along with a 40" flat screen TV and it was very clean. By the way, the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was spotless as I am sure some others must have mentioned. They only have juice and muffins for breakfast but I knew that going in. The little 3 or 4 cup coffee maker and fridge in the room were great additions. Having a continental breakfast, hallway room access, parking far away from the room, and the halls filled with hockey players running around would have cost $40 a night more at the chain hotel down the street.

It was a great room and a very relaxing 2 nights at a very reasonable price. The icing on the cake was how nice and welcoming Mary was at the hotel office. She is very proud and confident of the Capri Inn. The quality and condition of the rooms allow her to feel that way and I know she has a hand in ensuring that her staff does a job that she can be proud of.

I would not hesitate to stay at the Capri Inn again and I made sure to tell our friends in St. Catharine's to recommend it to their visitors in the future. Thanks again Mary!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank J M
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I travel away from home on a weekly basis all throughout Ontario, 45 weeks a year. The Capri is impeccably clean and effecient. Modern rooms. Very reasonable rates and the staff and owner ensure all needs are met. Very accessible to highway and very quiet. Limited breakfast however there is no shortage of eateries within 5 minutes. Always a pleasure to stay there on my many trips.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank A W
Ancaster, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Cleanilness was superb! - Warm romm & had stacked shelves to store all junk/suitcases etc so kept room from being cluttered

Luxury of small table with 2 chairs& we were able to play cards instead of just watching T.V. - Walked to good restaurant

I misplaced something & called MARY - She even moved sofa then called back with results [I found it myself later] - really appreciate her effort

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MAUREEN C
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The Capri Inn is just off the QEW on Ontario Street. I had reserved it after looking at the reviews. A great Value! My wife was hesitant about a non-chain motel but was quite pleased with my find. Arrived about 8:30 PM at about 12 degrees F, (I know I'm in Canada and suppose to use C), the heat met us at the door and warmed us up right away. It had a safe, iron, hair dryer, flat screen, plenty of towels. Painting of room and tile work in bath was very adequate. Bed was comfortable. Left early the next morning (about 8:45 AM) and the parking lot was full.
I picked this motel after reading your reviews!!! Thanks!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Fairview - Facer
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake

Been to Capri Inn? Share your experiences!