“Excellent Accomodations”
Review of Capri Inn

Capri Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Reviewed 13 May 2010

I have just completed a one week stay at the Capri, it was excellent, my room was so clean, bright and the staff were so accomodating. I have already recomended it to my family and friends, as a Sr travelling alone, I felt so very safe and secure there. It was also very quiet! Bed was extremely comfortable. Thank you to the wonderful folks at the Capri for making my holiday so special, will definately stay with you again next year...... Barbara, Nanton,Alberta

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 May 2010

We had nothing but great service, the room was clean, the location perfect as we were on & off the QEW several times to visit my daughter, the Continental Breakfast of a hot beverage & muffin etc was really appreciated each morning. We stayed from May 2 to 8th & experienced nothing but kind, considerate & complimentary service from both staff & management! We would recommend the Capri Inn to anyone who wants a great experience & good nights sleep while staying in St Catharine's! They also try & give you specials when you stay for a week, so another great reason to stay with Capri Inn!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2010

This is a gem of a motel. You would not expect it from outside appearances, but it is great.

The staff are super-friendly and helpful and the rooms very comfortable and quiet. All useful amenities in room and very comfy queen beds. My room looked out over the back - view of the Henley river and trees. Very quiet and good secure doors.

Skip the free continental 'breakfast' (coffee from a machine and packaged muffin) - more than you get in most motels so a nice touch but nothing special. Head instead to 'Pan's' on St Paul's Street, downtown St Catharines for great pancakes, french toast, granola, omelettes etc. etc.

We are regular guests at the Capri and we always have great service.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2010

We spent a weekend at the Capri Inn. We awoke to see our room looked out over a nice lawn and the river. It was so peaceful and surreal.

The beds were extremely comfortable. The rooms were spotless. Everything was perfect. The free breakfast coffee and muffins was very convenient.

The owners were very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for good value.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2010

I booked online last minute and got a great rate. The hotel is right off the highway on Ontario Street and about a block away from where my meetings were scheduled. When I arrived, some of the units were undergoing some renovation and part of the parking lot was cordoned off but there was still plenty of parking.

My room was on the second level and to my surprise the very large window faced out on a lake/river. Beautiful sunset and a very peaceful view over the water. The walls are solid and I did not hear any noise from the highway, other rooms or the parking lot.

Standard amenities, queen bed was ultra comfortable, everything was sparkling clean. My stay included breakfast but I was out and gone by 6am so missed out on it.

I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service and the quality of the room

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2010

Booked the wife here while attending a course at Brock U, based on reviews and price. She advises it was just as advertised. Very clean, excellent value, run by nice family who cares about their patrons. Can't get much better than that, can you?

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2010

The hotel's right on the QEW, which is tremendously convenient. And our room had a great view of the pond behind the hotel, and of the QEW bridge across it, which was pretty.

But the hotel was pretty noisy (we had noisy neighbours, in particular, who were still making noise at 2 AM), and "breakfast" is not, in fact, a muffin from a convenience store and coffee from the kind of machine I avoided when I was a college student.

There are a lot of hotels in this stretch of the QEW on Niagara; I think one should be able to do better.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Catharines
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in St. Catharines
Fairview - Facer
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake

Been to Capri Inn? Share your experiences!