“I was pleasantly suprised !”

St. Catharines Niagara
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Although Scott wasn't helpful and flippant over the telephone when booking and thank goodness he wasn't there when I checked in or out ! For the price it was good and clean ! I was surprised as most of the reviews were dreadful in general relating to all Days Inn in general. For a quick weekend stop it was fine.

Room Tip: Although they say they have a gym you have to be a member of that specific club !!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hikepaddleski

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Back in December I had to move my 85 yr old father to BC just after my mom passed away. He was scared and very hard to deal with. If it wasn't for Kevin at the front desk, I don't know what I would of done. He was my angel. Kevin went above and beyond to help me with my dad. The other staff the next day were also as kind and helpful even ran after me to give me back my deposit. My brother has stayed there 2xs and had a good experience and also mention kevin's kindness. So thank you Days Inn.
Lesley

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and I always look forward to my stay. The staff is absolutely wonderful. They are extremely friendly and efficient, and they go out of their way to help make my stay the best it can be. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the service is great--What more can you ask for? Special thanks to Debbie, Craig, Kevin, Scott, Alex, Tanja, and Doroti. I look forward to the next time!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank vsvlns
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I recently booked at this hotel for my sons hockey team and would highly recommend you stay there. The staff was great, especially dealing with 14 10-12 year olds!! They were very accommodating! Special thanks to manager Debbie!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
inncredibly-niagara, Guest Relations Manager at St. Catharines Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

It's always great to hear from our guests! Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us we appreciate it and Debbie truly appreciates the personal call out! Hope to see you again in the near future!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Front desk and area clean, doing some painting to upgrade. No issues with staff, friendly enough and helpful when you need something.

Room a little tight with 2 adults, 2 kids under 12 (we have the 2 queen bed room) and our pet cat but its do able especially because we are here long term and these rooms are meant to be just slept in and not lived in.

Kids enjoyed the pool as it was clean and quiet, a little small if it were to be busy but we didn't have to worry about that.

Overall no complaints, it is what it is. I personally would of loved the balconies to be patios with chairs bc that's what it looked like online but that's only the ground floor and not all of them.

Very very quiet at this time of year.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ANGIE G
inncredibly-niagara, Guest Relations Manager at St. Catharines Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Hello,

Wow a new home for you and your family! These are very exciting times for you! Thank you for your comments and choosing to stay with us while you were waiting for your new home. Congratulations and we wish you joy and happiness in your new home.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

.Great service for check in. Clean. No issues experienced. Call to main booking to confirm late arrival which worked great. A/C a little noisy but overall a good stay. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank hatterma
inncredibly-niagara, Guest Relations Manager at St. Catharines Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you! It is always great to hear from our guests - we appreciate all your comments. Hope to see you again real soon!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Driving up to the hotel, I was a little worried about what we were in for. The outside was pretty rundown. I generally research hotels very thoroughly before booking. This time, however, as part of a group the hotel had been chosen for us. We were pleasantly surprised upon entering. The lobby was clean and relatively modern. The front desk staff were pleasant and checked us in quickly. The room was relatively clean. It had the basics that we needed. Two queen beds, a television, a small refrigerator and a coffee maker. Some of the decor could use updating but it was fine for what we needed.

This hotel is attached to a brand new gym that hotel guests are welcome to use. My husband used it twice and only had good things to say about it. The crossfit obstacle course only ran on Saturday during the day, but the line up was huge, so he never had a chance to try it out.

The pool was fine. It has a larger deck area around it, which is nice when there gets to be a bunch of kids in the pool and the splashes start to get bigger. There was also a sauna there, but we did not use it. The towels were stored in the locker room instead of in the pool area, which was odd, but we eventually found them.

Parking was free and we never had an issue finding a spot.

We used the wi-fi and found it to be fine for what we needed.

The cleaning staff was friendly and very accommodating.

We were disappointed that no breakfast was included, but we knew that when we booked.

I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
inncredibly-niagara, Guest Relations Manager at St. Catharines Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent visit with us at the Days Inn Hotel. We appreciate all your comments! Glad to learn that you had a pleasant experience and you were able to experience most of the hotel amenities. Energy Fitness Studio just opened the obstacle course that Saturday thus the line ups - but hope to see you again in the near future - when you plan to visit us again, please contact us directly at 905-704-5656 or via email at reservations@honhotels.com and ask for the bed & breakfast rate, this will ensure you get breakfast with your room.

Thanks again !

Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in St. Catharines
Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites

Been to St. Catharines Niagara? Share your experiences!