Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre
US$132
US$128
BestWestern.com
US$80
Capri Inn(St. Catharines)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$79
Comfort Inn(St. Catharines)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$97
Priceline
US$151
US$126
The Inn at Lock Seven(Thorold)(Great Value!)
US$110
White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$188
Orbitz.com
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$140
St. Catharines Niagara(St. Catharines)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbowling alleytimothy's coffeerooftop barupgraded to a suiteniagara fallsfront desk personhockey tournamentfull kitchengreat nightcomfortable bedsbusiness tripsitting areatim hortonsthe hotel is cleanpool and hot tubnice surpriseparking lot
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Did not have a restful stay. Sleeping was difficult because of the noise coming from the elevators (two doors on each floor) and the slamming stairwell doors. Hotel restaurant food was poor and unappetizing even for hotel food of this caliber. Sat on a restaurant bench that was detached from the wall. The location limits people's choices here.

Room Tip: Don't get a room anywhere near the elevators, as others have written, or near the heavy, slamming stairwell doors. Room walls are apparently paper thin, and I thought that the people in the stairwell were in my room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank KyF_13
Tom N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

I am sorry that you did not have a Great stay with us. We are making some changes to try and stop the noise issue from the elevators. Having a peaceful sleep is the most important this when traveling and i am sorry that you did not receive this. The next time you are in the city please contact me and i will make sure that you are taken great care of. tom.nitso@honhotels.com

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Sounds like front desk customer service and noise level issues are happening quite frequently at this hotel.

I concur with some of the other reviews with regards to the noise level, especially those rooms "assigned" close to the elevator. Ironically, there are double doors just outside of the corridor to the guest rooms. They could be closed to minimize the high noise level but I suspect are used in case of a fire. I also called front desk at around 2am to complain that I couldn't sleep because of the noise but nothing was done. When I checked out the next morning, front desk didn't ask how my stay was - just checked me out. I was the only one waiting in line to check out so it wasn't like it was busy that the front desk clerk couldn't ask. I then calmly, with restraint given that I was tired from lack of sleep, made a point to the front desk clerk that my night stay wasn't satisfactory because of the noise. He then asked if I called front desk about (which I did) after which he didn't apologize or provide an explaination. He didn't even look me in the eye to address/acknowledge my concern. Terrible, terrible customer service, especially given that they're the first, and last impression of the hotel.

Finally, pool was super chlorinated to hide the fact that it wasn't properly cleaned after awhile. Didn't try the food in the hotel as there were many choices outside (Tim Horton's was a very popular, not only with the hotel guests but others in the neighbourhood).

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
13  Thank KiwiWinn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear KiwiWinn,

Thank you for staying and taking time to post a review about our hotel. I am sorry to hear about any inconvenience you may have experienced because of the noise levels. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We just returned from a weekend in St. Catharine's. Our room was huge! There was a sitting area/kitchenette, bedroom was in a separate room and there was both a bathtub and shower. Bed was comfortable, room temperature easy to control. It was nice having TV in sitting area as well as in bedroom. Our front desk experience was fine - people were helpful and cordial. Had a great supper in the dining room and the evening wait staff were very attentive. Plenty of parking close to entrances. Saturday breakfast buffet was ok (food wasn't as warm as I would have liked) but otherwise, I would recommend this hotel without exception.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for the review. I am glad you liked our new expansion to the hotel. I have brought your comments to our chefs attention to address. Thanks again.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Booked this hotel on a recommendation from a local. We were in town for a rowing regatta. I called Holiday Inn about a week earlier to inquire about their prices, unsure of whether we would get a hotel or get up at 3:30am to drive there. I told the representative on the phone that we would be going to a rowing regatta and inquired about any discounts available for teachers or volunteer firefighters. I was quoted $109 which was totally worth getting a couple of hours extra sleep! We were only using the hotel to sleep.
On check in I was asked for ID and the letter from my employer stating we were travelling on business. I told the front desk representative that I wasn't travelling on business, that I was with my family for the Mother's Day Regatta and explained that when I booked I was only asked to bring ID. The woman quickly pulled out a memo or letter explaining their policy and was quite firm, almost aggressive. I was made to feel like I was cheating the system. I got the impression that I was supposed to know their policy rather than relying on the reservation staff. I told her that I had identified my husband as a teacher and a volunteer firefighter and she went on to tell me that we didn't even qualify for the GOVT rate but that I was in luck because teachers are allowed a discount on leisure but it was at a rate of $30 more. I argued that I had fully disclosed who we were and why we were staying at the time of booking through Holiday Inn and that we did what we were asked to do - bring employee ID! I asked to speak to the manager and she identified herself as the manager, in a dismissive tone. I argued that I felt that the hotel has a responsibility to honour the rate that was offered to us, trying to explain my point of view as a customer. I could only go by what I was told on the phone. The argument was stopped with a take it or leave it attitude. Again, I was made to feel like I was trying to cheat the system but I absolutely was totally transparent in the process, unaware of their policies, only taking directions from the person at the other end of the phone - who is employed Holiday Inn, not a third party!

Ironically the room we were given was very dark. When we opened the blinds, we had the view of a large cement wall - located above the front entrance? I believe it was room 211. We could only wonder if the room was chosen for us as a result of my argument.

In April we had another unfortunate experience with Holiday Inn Windsor (they downgraded our room even after sending a confirmation email two days prior) and overbooked their hotel by four rooms! When I made this reservation for St Catharine's, I shared my experience in Windsor and asked if my room was 100% guaranteed this time and was ensured that it was, with an apology for my previous experience. The man on the phone even asked if he could transfer me to share my concern with another department and unfortunately my call was dropped on transfer.

When did guest satisfaction become unimportant in the hospitality industry? I hope my extra $30 was worth it for Holiday Inn. Our family may not stay in hotels often enough for our business to matter but we know many families who regularly travel for sports and vacation and won't hesitate to share our experience.

Room Tip: Room 211 - cement wall in front of the window
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank SavouryAndSweet
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear SavouryAndSweet,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your stay. I appreciate that you have chosen to stay with us on these two occasions. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service. It is our regret to hear about the inconvenience you may have experienced with your reservations. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information about your concern.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is perfect. Loved our room. People are friendly...it is extremely clean and our room was nicely decorated. Highly recommend this hotel. Sunday brunch was a typical hotel type brunch...nothing to speak about. It was just ok. Other than that our stay was awesome.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dianejunew

Thank you for the comments. We take feedback seriously. Sprucing up our brunch is a good idea and i will bring it to the chefs attention.