“Fabulous stay”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
London, Ontario
“Fabulous stay”
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Stopped at this inn which is located right off the highway. Price was well worth the quality, cleanliness and service. About 15 minutes to Niagara Falls and 10 minutes to Brock University. Parking was free, wifi worked great and the light breakfast in the morning was quite filling. This is a new addition to my favourites in my gps for the drive back into Canada!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank MarisaShaw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is the first time I have ever written a review of somewhere I have stayed at. I have stayed in many 2-3 star hotels for my kid's tournaments, so I am comparing my experience to like-rated properties.

First off, I was not expecting luxury accommodation for $112 a night, but I was expecting a clean, budget room. Instead what I got was: A room with bugs on the window sills, holes in the doors, no seals around the doors so you could hear everything outside, no toilet paper or tissue, no mattress cover on the bed, dirty linens, hair in the bathtub, popcorn and dental floss (gross!) on the floor beside the bed, water damaged furniture, badly stained carpet, mould and mildew around the tub, etc....

The girl at the front desk was friendly & apologetic when I addressed my concerns, she explained that they are currently working to update the hotel. Unfortunately, our room was not an updated one. They were renovating the room beside ours and it was clear that even the new carpet being installed was used.

The only positive things I can say about this property is : it is close to the highway, the towels were soft, and there was good water pressure in an otherwise dirty tub.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Teresa H
St. Catharines
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I had a major flood in my condo and needed to find a place to stay for a long period of time.

A friend recommend this Inn and said it was very clean and in a great location. Also great access to the highway. Which made it very convienent to get to work.

The staff here are amazing and truly made my stay here a pleasure. Right from the point of check-in Natosha made me feel welcomed and gave a me a great rate on the room.

The rooms are very nice and clean. I was surprised to hear they are renovating all the rooms here. I will have to come back just to see the already nicely done rooms renovated.

The staff here really made it feel like I was at home there. They wery accomidating with any requests that I had. Including putting a microwave in my room, finding my favourite pillow(that I came to love while staying there) that the made removted while cleaning my room. They also had no problem starting the free continental breakfast earlier at times for the early risers.

I highly recommend people choosing this Imm while they are away. You won't regret it!

I know I will recommend this Inn to any people I know needing a place to stay. If you want clean, friendly staff and a great rate this is your place! :)

• Stayed September 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Over priced for what you get. This hotel is adequate and if they charged the 59.59 stated on the sign it would alright. However, I was charged more than double that. Really not worth that price. You can hear the people in the next room and the plumbing is noisy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Hello Ann,

I have tried looking your name up by first and/or last in my system but was unable to find any reservation under the name provided on trip advisor. However I still thank you for your comment on trip advisor and would like to say a few things. Our sign does say that rooms do start from 59.95 plus tax a night and there are many guests that do stay at this price. It is a longer stay rate where guests are staying around a week or longer. We have many workman that come from out of town and do not have the energy to drive back and end up staying a week at a time. Many guests have stated that we are the most reasonably priced accommodation facility in the city. We have many guests that come stay with us many times a month because of our rates. When you say you have been charged almost double that it would be to my understanding that you stayed on a Friday or Saturday night during either a holiday or a very busy night. We at Canadas Best Value Inn believe in customer satisfaction and do go out of our way to meet every guests needs. We are under a major renovation which may explain the plumbing as we are trying to get the job done as soon as possible to give a greater satisfaction to our guests as soon as possible. Thank you.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 September 2013

To start with I booked on travelocity based on reading some of the reviews online. I can honestly say some are very accurate and others are people who just need to complain because they are unhappy with life. Yes the building does look a bit older.. brick exterior but has been painted and is starting to look sharp. Yes there are renovations going on as well inside the rooms... Amazing staff from the moment me and my friends got there the staff kept us laughing till we checked out. More than helpful and more than accomodating.

Room- We were 3 friends from toronto there for a wedding and booked a 2 double bed room (labour day weekend) at 129.95 which is a steal considering most places were 200 plus and looked like dumps. Room was very clean... with enough towels for 4 ... the inn was sold out but quiet when we got back from the wedding reception. Staff was kind and even arranged the cabs for us. We did have breakfast in the morning and there was cereal coffee toast and juices.

Pool - had a blast its about 9 ft (deep end) and was crystal clear water

Truthfully if your standards are the Trump tower then stay at the Trump and pay the price but dont bash someones establishment for what you get at the price you get it for. Keep up the good work and I hope to see even more renovations the next time I come.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank vikktdot
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. Glad you've enjoyed your time at the wedding you attended along with the time you spent with us at Canadas Best Value Inn. Yes we are still continuing our renovations and we do hope to surprise you again on your next visit. Hope you had a safe trip home and we hope to serve you again soon.
Barrie
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We spent Saturday, August 31st at this hotel in a comfortable, clean King Room on the upper level overlooking the pool which looked very clean and well kept, although we didn't have time to use it. This is good value and everyone was very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. Glad you've enjoyed your weekend with us at Canadas Best Value Inn. We take pride in our cleanliness at our property to bring the greatest level of satisfaction for our guests. Many guests have commented on our outdoor pool stating it is one of the cleanest pools they have ever seen and return to visit us many times because of it. We hope you had a safe trip home and we hope to see you again soon.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed 2 nites at this hotel as we found it to be the best price and location. We were there to see the Redpath Tall Ships in Port Dalhousie. Also went to some wineries and the Welland Canal Museum. This hotel was clean and close to the QEW. We went next door to the Restaurant and mentioned we were staying next door got a discount and the meal was terrific! We had breakfast and coffee and both we fine provided at the hotel. Small pool not terribly clean but only sat beside it. For the price we felt it was good value and the front desk person was very helpful and nice.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms seemed to be updated and we stayed in one on the second floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. Wow we are so glad you spent your time wisely and got to see so much on your short trip to St Catharines. We are truly located in a very ideal location (off of the QEW and Ontario Street) Port Dalhousie, the Welland Canals and many wineries are located within a 5-10 min vicinity. We believe in good value, meaning clean comfortable and affordable rates for all of our guests. I’m happy to hear you took advantage of our morning breakfast and enjoyed your dinner at the restaurant. We believe in great service and great value and work with businesses that provide similar values. We at Canadas Best Value Inn are very pleased to hear that you had a great time with us and hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Catharines
Fairview - Facer
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines

Been to Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines? Share your experiences!