When I stayed here in May, they served a reasonable continental breakfast. But a month later, it was no longer available. This was a surprising decision, given the franchise involved, and one that I suggest should be reviewed.
I've stayed here several times over the past year, and it's clear that they are making continuing efforts to improve an old facility which was badly neglected when it was a Travelodge property. On my most recent visit they were painting the lobby and I had a pleasant and efficient check-in at the front desk. My room was large and comfortable, although obviously a bit run down and in need of attention — beginning with the water-wasting absence of a stopper for the washbasin. But there was plenty of hot water, in marked contrast to a Motel 6 I'd stayed at the night before. The door was consistently sticking so it required a real effort to get it open. And the quality of housekeeping was not especially good on this visit. Furthermore, the front desk was astonished that I wanted the room serviced on my second day there.
The sign outside says the room rates start at $59.95. I think that, right now, the facility represents good value at that price and up to maybe $80. If they start quoting $100 or more, it might be more sensible to look for alternatives.
Yes, they're trying — but maybe they need to try a little harder. However, there a lot of things I do like.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge St. Catharines Hotel St. Catharines
- St. Catharines Travel Lodge
- Travel Lodge St. Catharines
- Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines Ontario, Canada