“Cosy place and great Menu !!!!”
Review of Cafe Amore

Cafe Amore
Ranked #13 of 440 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe Amore is Mediterranean inspired restaurant that opened in 1995. Featuring seafood, steak, veal, lamb, chicken, pastas, pizza and vegetarian dishes you'll be sure to find something for everyone. Over the years it has been voted as the best overall restaurant, most romantic, best desserts, best lunch, best ambiance, best local chef just to name a few. A children"s menu is also available.
Mérida, Yucatan, Mexico
“Cosy place and great Menu !!!!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

A great place to meet with friends and have a long lunch!! Spicey is just right and the desserts are fabulous !! Good wine selection. overall great service !!

Visited December 2013

Toronto, Canada
“poor quality and overpriced deserts”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I took a college to lunch on Nov4 2013 yes it was a Monday and the reason I say this everything reflected as warmed up leftovers my friend had a Monaco grill I had garlic shrimp was presented with stale bread when I ask had they anything else said all I could do was give you pita bread I thought it would come nicely toasted but was placed in the micro so ended up with white doagh.The shrimps wer floating in butter and look warm the Manaco grill was okay I guess my guest dident want to complain as I had invited her for lunch,So I thought to make up for this I would order us a dessert each that was the SURPRISE, At $7.00 A PLATE WE CERTAINLY HAD DRIED UP CAKE.The waitress dident seem concerned when I made my comments the rest had only 6 other people in it but she made herself scares clearly did not want to stay around and give serice.I will not write her name on this but will gie you trans #129337 table 4 station #1 Total of this disaster $39.83.I most certainly would not go back and would discourage any of my assoc,to stay clear of this rest

• Visited November 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Disappointingly mediocre”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

There with my two teenagers in September 2013. My meal was uninspiring, to put it charitably. Caprese salad was borderline tasteless, the tomatoes being substandard and the seasoning almost non-existent.. Pasta Cinque Terre was equally disappointing, with hardly a surfeit of drab mussels, some OK shrimp (but why leave the tail shells on -- this isn't finger food! then again virtually all restaurants do it, I just don't know why), and only a couple of small scallops hidden among the rest. The sauce was unremarkable. Service was ordinary in the extreme. I will not be going back.

• Visited September 2013
Rochester, New York
“Good Food and service”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Menu had excellent choices. Our meals were cooked to perfection. Prices were reasonable and staff was friendly. We were there on a Saturday evening and it was busy but we were seated in a reasonable time frame.

• Visited October 2013
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
“Now I know why its been a long time......”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The last time my wife and I went to Cafe Amore was about 8 years ago - even though it's in our neighbourhood. We hadn't been back since as our meal then was subpar. We decided to give it another go, after seeing a full parking lot. Unfortunately, not much has changed. Our calamari appetizer, while coming out quick and hot was under-seasoned and bland. Our Caesar salad were ok if you like bagged croutons. The garlic bread that came with it were good. My wife had chicken parmesan. It was drowned in tomato sauce that was as well terribly under-seasoned and watery along with soggy linguine. I had a tasty chicken harrisa entree. The vegetables that came with it were a horrible medley of overcooked broccoli, cauliflower and sliced carrots. The rice pilaf was also overcooked at yet again under-seasoned. Did the kitchen simply run out of salt and pepper? I guess they figure that they are compensating by continuing the 90s gimick of having a server offer to grind some pepper on your dishes as they come out. I would rather the chef seasons properly as he cooks and tastes. We shared a slice of peanut butter cheesecake which was great. Cafe Amore continues to do their desserts well at least. As for the food........ I was surprised to charged $12.99 each our 9 oz glasses of wine. It will be at least another 8 years until our next visit, if not longer. Hopefully they've restocked with salt & pepper by then.

• Visited October 2013