“No Where Better”

Cafe Amore
Ranked #13 of 430 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Mediterranean, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cafe Amore is Mediterranean inspired restaurant that opened in 1995. Featuring seafood, steak, veal, lamb, chicken, pastas, pizza and vegetarian dishes you'll be sure to find something for everyone. Over the years it has been voted as the best overall restaurant, most romantic, best desserts, best lunch, best ambiance, best local chef just to name a few. A children"s menu is also available.
St. Catharines, Canada
“No Where Better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Cafe Amore is THE best restaurant in town. The choice of flavours and textures makes the cuisine so delectable yet affordable! The restaurant is somewhat ecclectic in atmoshpere mixing old-world with modern as the resaturant is divided into 3 sections providing a different experience everytime you go. The food never disappoints and we go there all the time. The caesar salad dressing is their signature, I think. When out-of-town visitors come, we are always proud to take them to Cafe Amore. Make sure you don't leave without having something from the dessert case.!

Visited April 2014

“TERRIBLE TAKEOUT!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I ordered the family size 4 cheese Cajon. I brought it home opened it up and noticed that there was no cheese. So I called and informed the young waiter that I just picked up my order brought it home and noticed that there was no cheese on the food. He put me on hold for a while then told me that there was cheese on the pasta in a rude manner. So I told him that I'm sorry but there was none. So he again just repeated him self and said there was and said on by and hung up. I also order a child pasta and meet balls in the same order and forgot the meet balls but I didn't have time to tell him since he hung up like an ignorant child. So in the end I was left with garbage food and I was out $47!!!!!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Derek M
Toronto
“Overcooked and greasy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Very busy restaurant but we found the menu selection very limited and most items were greasy. I had the mushroom ravioli which was good but too much butter. My husband had the veal parmesan. It was overcooked and greasy.
Would not go again.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Wanderlust4sure
“ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS SERVICE !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Dined there 2 sundays ago with another couple to celebrate hubby's birthday. Wanted to have my fav fav dish- which I think is only available at Cafe Amore in Niagara region !- Seafood Paella- so when it arrived, I took my first scoop of the rice with delight and cringed in horror when all I tasted was an abundance of salt!..extremely salty..we told the bubbly wonderful waitress-Amanda- who informed Dan, the boss, who came over, enquired and he told us that they do not put salt in their paella.he himself was surprised and perturbed and promised to check what went wrong in the kitchen.Anyway he offered to make us another paella if we would wait and since we were enjoying our own company we decided to wait for another paella,this time made by the chef himself. He promptly went and made another paella dish- it was nothing short of fantastic !! We thoroughly enjoyed it, had another bottle of wine and had cake and coffee for desert- 3 hours at this restaurant and worth every minute. Dan,the owner went a step further in his service- which was extremely remarkable and generous...Thank you Dan for making it an unforgettable night..We have not stopped talking abt how great Cafe Amore is and we will be back for sure..for more paella !

• Visited March 2014
St. Catharines
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Go where the locals go!
This restaurant has been in business for many years.The owner is the chef and the other owner (the chef's wife is a waitress)The food is superb.The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and the ambience is great.At times it mcan be busy (that tells you something) but the wait is never too long.
You will not be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014