“Wonderful Stay Away From Home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Catharines
Old Port Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 23 St. Catharines B&B and Inns
Markham, Ontario, Canada
“Wonderful Stay Away From Home!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at Old Port B&B last year during the Canada Day long weekend and absolutely enjoyed our stay. Joy & Quentin are awesome hosts!!
The house is clean and beautifully done. We felt really pampered. My biggest concern was my food allergies which were very, very carefully taken care by the hosts. I am soooo thankful for that!!
Our stay was very comfortable. We stayed in the Royal Alex Suite for a night and moved to the Queen Anne Suite for the second night. Both rooms are lovely! I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone planning to visit Port Dalhousie.

Room Tip: Absolutely recommend the Queen Anne Suite. It has an attached 4-pc bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sanjukta B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I booked 2 nights at Old Port Bed & Breakfast for my boyfriend and to get away and relax, and the two days were wonderful. The breakfasts were delicious, the house was beautiful, and we felt at home very quickly. Joy and Quinten were thoughtful, friendly, and very gracious hosts. They took such good care of us, and we really felt pampered. They took every effort to ensure that we were comfortable and also was there to offer advice on what to do, where to go, and what to eat in the area. Thanks for a wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Queen Anne suite, which was very nice because it has a tub in the ensuite washroom...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I hope you will all read the rest of this review even after telling you that I have NOT been to Old Port Bed & Breakfast yet.

Joy and Quinten were an absolute pleasure to talk to on the phone. I booked one of their best rooms for a special evening for my girlfriend and I. Due to unfortunate circumstances, I could no longer make this trip happen. Why I rate their establishment as excellent, is because Joy and Quinten were MORE than willing to work with me on this problem. They were polite, kind, warm-hearted and very understanding. In a world that I feel is lacking in businesses that actually show genuine love and sympathy for unfortunate incidents in life, Joy and Quinten are one of the few left.

I will be making use of their establishment in the near future and I hope you will all do the same. Thank you, Joy and Quinten. See you in the near future! =) A+++ rating on your business sense and understanding, and most importantly your love of your fellow human being.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wade_t_haan
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Sometimes you enjoy a B&B. On a few rare occasions you walk into a B&B and know you are at home. Joy and Quinten have created a space of enormous comfort. In a modest-looking home, they have made a stunning renovation of quiet classic grace. The decor has luxury art deco and craftsman elements. The breakfast is gourmet - with smoked salmon omelets and touches of mango aperitif atop the fruit parfait. To die for! You have choices of rooms, both in the main house and a guesthouse, so ask and specify.

Room Tip: Wile some of throoms are ensuite, the tiny "Newport" room is not.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cheryl1315
niagara-on-the-lake, ontario
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights, and it was just perfect. Our hosts were wonderfully accommodating and good company. The house itself is beautifully decorated and our room was very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Old Port is a gem. I normally stay in hotels (5 star) but wasn't able to find anything suitable in St.Catherines. I came across this b&b on trip advisor and was not dissapointed. My 14 year old daughter and I stayed in a room that was lovely. It had a very comfortable king size bed, a claw footed tub (in a bathroom with heated floors) and the decor was enchanting. The owners were amazing, very personable. When we came down for breakfast in the morning I was pleasantly surprised. The table was set formally in crystal with beautifully laid out fruit, juices, yogurt. The main dish was eggs benedict and all was delicious. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Old Port B&B is a lovely, newly renovated old home in St Catherines. The owners, Joy and Quinten are gracious hosts who made us very comfortable! We stayed in the Queen Anne Suite, (an upgrade because it was available. Thank you!) a gorgeous room with a well equipped ensuite. The tub was so inviting, I had to have a bath!
Breakfast was the best I've ever had at a B&B. So much attention paid to detail. And the leftover fruit was packed up for us for a snack on the way home. What a nice, unexpected touch!
There are many dinner options nearby and a great area to walk after dinner as it's located in such a pretty part of town!

Room Tip: Location is on a fairly busy road. If you need a very quiet room ask for one off the main road.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple