“Stay far away”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Jordan Manor

Jordan Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Catharines
Jordan Manor
Ranked #17 of 23 St. Catharines B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Stay far away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I booked a room at this bed and breakfast after finding it on BBCanada. When the owner got back to me I asked him for his address to be confirmed as I wanted to make sure it was the same place as I had contacted several different places and as his email address name did not match up I wanted to cross reference. He refused to tell me the address! At that time I knew something was not right and I now wish I had stuck with that initial intuition. This owner sent me a Paypal invoice at 1:30pm on the Tuesday before I was to go to stay there. He knew I was overseas and on the next morning at 9:30am he emailed me to tell me he was giving my room to someone else. When I wrote to tell him I had literally jus signed in to make payment and asked him why, when we had an agreement, he was all of a sudden canceling it. He went off on a total rant about how this business is not a game and how "he had caught me" and "how I was a scammer" etc etc. He accused me of refusing to answer his questions although the ironic part is that I have every email correspondence and there is not a single question he asked! When I asked him what the questions were I refused to answer he never answered me!! Thankfully I found a gorgeous property I stayed at instead at the last minute as this all happen a week before my stay. The place I did stay at I won't say here as I don't want this person to know but I have written a recommendation on their page. They were shocked to learn about this individual as it really puts a bad light on the bed and breakfast industry especially when there are SO many amazing places with legimate people running them all over the world. Anyway now we are a week after my was to stay and this individual continues to make up email addresses to send me very disturbing emails. Unfortunately I can only block each one but thankfully I don't even open them anymore as this man Phil is obviously very disturbed. I realize I am just one person here and you can take or leave my advice but just be very aware that bed and breakfasts here are NOT regulated (which as a result of this experience I just learned) and anyone can open one. This individual has a key to the room you will be staying in and I would be very uncomfortable sleeping there as a result. I have been in contact wirh BBB about this property as well as I dont want to have anyone have to experience what I have as a result.

Stayed August 2012

Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,232 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites
Capri Inn
Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines

Been to Jordan Manor? Share your experiences!