“great food”

Heritage Family Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: York - Haig
Reviewed 5 July 2014

One of the best Caesar salads ever. Home made dressing was perfect..great service..try the polish beer.

There are newer reviews for Heritage Family Restaurant

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I came to find this gem, while heading off to a business meeting. Lets start with the outside of the building, Absolutely Gorgeous! Very Much a large historic building with lots of detail, both on the building and surrounding the property. The building has handicap access with an elevator available which was very useful for one of my co-workers. As we enter the restaurant I am blown away with the decor and layout of this place. It is something out of a movie, loaded with vintage toys and antiquities. Now onto the lunch I had the 2 pc Fish and Chips, With Coleslaw. I must say this is the best fish and chips I have found in the region. The food was fantastic, Our waitress was amazing. I definitely will be returning with lots of friends!!!!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This restaurant was suggested to me as a comfortable place to go on my own. It was horrible. The table was dirty enough that my napkin was black after wiping it down. The food was a nightmare. The mashed potatoes were ice cold, the vegetables were 1/2 raw and 1/2 burnt and swimming in oil and the salisbury steak was over cooked on the outside and mushy on the inside. To top it all off the waiter came over after I was done and offered to put the potatoes on a small plate and microwave them again. YUCK. If you are looking for a good family or quiet meal avoid this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Our family chose the Heritage restaurant to go to for our Easter get together lunch on Saturday,April 19/2014. Bad decision...first clue, was that it was completely deserted. Although the food was decent (nothing to rave about), the service was the worst I have ever experienced. I was a bartender and waitress for 15 yrs, and would NEVER think of talking to anyone, never mind a customer, the way he spoke to us! He was rude, curt and inept. He made snide comments to almost everyone, yelled at two four year old children who were bored and starving, and were playing near our table (because the food took sooooo long to come) and we were the only customers in the place. Just after our (some) appetizers came out, the power went out. That was nobody's fault, and nothing could be done by anyone about it. They continued to prepare our food (gas ovens?) and serve it, however the last people to receive their food had soggy fries, etc.One of my brothers ordered a cheeseburger and fries, and the waiter repeated the order in disbelief, all the while rolling his eyes as he wrote it down. He brought out 4 pitchers of gravy, and called out to find out who ordered it, and when my sister in law replied that she did, he curtly told her that "it was already beside her!!".. almost reprimanded her! There were so many things, I can't write them all down. Now, as the power was out, there was no debit available, and only a couple of us had cash. My nephew asked if they had a credit card machine(old style with carbon paper) and he said:NO! someone's going to have to drive somewhere and get some cash!! We ended up pooling our money and they took a personal cheque from one of my brothers.. While the waiter was totaling the bills, I walked over to him and asked if it was ok to take a couple of doggie bag containers that were sitting on the bar, and he flashed his hand up in a stop like manner, and yelled at me: Just a minute! I'm busy!! I apologized (I guess I just have manners), and told him they were right there and I could get them, and I wasn't asking him for anything except permission. None of us will ever return here again.. we have all eaten here over the years, and usually with good and decent experiences. This uppity rude,chastising, 40 something, poor excuse for a waiter needs to MOVE ON! He's in the wrong business and is doing nothing for this place.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Very old, dumpy restaurant. Dark, dingy and out of date. No atmosphere. Dirty carpets and incompetent staff. Shut it down.

1  Thank MarcyThornton