“Worst meal on Record!”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: York - Haig
Reviewed 1 April 2017

I have never written an online review, positive or negative, but I feel this needs to be said as a public service! This was the WORST meal my husband and I can ever remember having. We were staying at the hotel and a large party of us came to the restaurant to eat. Our waitress, while polite, was extremely scattered; mixing up orders and drinks from the first tray. We had to chase her down 20 minutes later to order a second drink and I had to finally ask another server for my glass of water. My husband and I shared a few appetizers - the Asian platter, calamari, and Caesar salad. There is nothing good to say about any part of our meal. The calamari were rings and obviously mass produced frozen fair. As well, our "Asian Platter" of appetizers looked suspiciously like M&M's Asian appetizers. They were awful. The Caesar salad had brown lettuce in it and the creamy dressing was horribly thick, goopy and made the lettuce terribly soggy. Our waitress never returned to our table at any point after our meals arrived to check on quality, needs or if we wanted another drink, coffee/tea, or dessert. We flagged her down once again in order to pay for our soggy $13 dollar Caesar salad and frozen medley. We were not the only ones in our party whose dinner was sub-standard. Two members of our group ordered the ribs and couldn't eat them - the plus side - the restaurant did remove them from their bill. Know that we are simple southern Ontario people what live in a small rural community and are easily pleased but this was the most disappointing dining experience we have had.

1  Thank NanaLee16

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Overall a pretty good restaurant. Good selection. Tuesday night is all you can eat pasta bar for $13. Great deal.

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

My sons birthday, had his heart set on steak and the line up at The Keg was too long. Saw this steak house and thought we'd give it a try. Yuk. First we got a Ceasar with a big hair in it. Then we ordered the steak and it was cold so we sent it back.
They cooked it more and put it back on the plate and it was over cooked. Sent it back again for another and it was just o.k. He had to eat alone by this time because we were all finished by then.Noticed while waiting that restaurant needs a remodelling. All the plastic plants are covered in dust. Only saving grace here was the server, she was very good.

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

I love the interior here. The staff is more than friendly and the breakfast is great whether on the buffet or off the menu. So if you like a great spot and awesome service and great attitudes I'm certain you'll love it here.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

After spending a day in Niagara on the Lake and then stopping in St. Catharines, we wanted and easy and reasonable price dinner before we headed back to Toronto. The restaurant was not busy because it was a Sunday evening but we were greeted by our server Brad who could not have been nicer. He gave us recommendations for food and we were pleasantly surprised at the quality, portion sizes and value. I had the steak sandwich and salad and my partner had a portobello salad followed by some local beers from Oast, a local Niagara brewery. We didn't have room for dessert. They have specials throughout the week.

1  Thank DandD142