“Great Italian takeout”

Dining options: Delivery
Kingston, Canada
“Great Italian takeout”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I have been coming here for years...authentic Italian grocery with fantastic takeout..favourites include meatballs, pasta sauce and foccacia sandwiches. eggplant parm is good too.. actually stop here to pick up goods when I am in town as there is month place as good as this where I live in eastern ontario..

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank tulips65

Vineland, Canada
“Horrible customer service!! I won't EVER go back!”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The ONLY good thing about Antipastos is the food tastes good with large portion sizes. That's the ONLY good thing about this place!
I have been to Antipastos only a few times and have been disappointed every time with their service. I called ahead to order a family penne and meatballs meal and it wasn't ready when I came to pick it up, and they had no record of my order. When I got home with my meal and opened it up, there was not a single meatball! grrrrrr!! When I called to complain to the manger, the only thing he offered me was a credit of the meatballs! That's it! No apology, no offer of additional food for the inconvenience.....nothing! Another time, I ordered (in store) a Chicken Parm Sandwich. They forgot my order again and waited 20 min (with my crying baby!). When I went to eat my sandwich, it was squished and had sauce all over it....what a mess! I had to eat it with a knife and fork! Poor customer service! I won't EVER go back!

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank Christy L
Nat G, Owner at Antipastos, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback, we at Antipastos di Roma are always interested in what our customers think, both good and bad. We sincerely apologize for your recent experience. We did offer to deliver the missing meatballs to you and you declined and accepted a store credit. Our personnel department felt you were happy with this solution, as mistakes do sometimes happen. Unfortunately, we didn't know that you had bad experience with your sandwich, so please feel free to contact us at any time regarding any situation.

We pride ourselves on good food and customer service and when mistakes are made we make every effort to rectify the situation. I'm sorry you feel that it wasn't handled to your satisfaction. If you wish to call back we would be more then happy to discuss it with you again.
Thorold, Canada
“Awesome Sandwiches”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I work really close to Antipastos, and go there pretty often for lunch.

I usually just grab one of their eggplant/pepper sandwiches off the hot bar...this thing is huge!! It feeds me for two days, and it is soooo tasty!!

The only complaint I have is to get to the sandwiches, you have to butt your way into the line up of people waiting to get their hot food orders. I only have a 30 minute lunch, and sometimes people just won't move, and I waste my time in line waiting to be able to reach them and go.

I've ordered a pizza for tonight! Can't wait to try it.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank bluegumbi1
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Great Italian food selection with a small grocery store attached. Mostly take out food. The manicotti is excellent, as well as the meatballs.

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Great prices for wonderful Italian food”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Comfort food is in order on these days of cold and snow, so today we decided to try this place on the recommendation of a friend. We'll be regular customers from now on. The chicken parmigiana we took home for lunch was excellent. With a side of gnocchi (me) and penne (my husband) we have enough left over for lunch again tomorrow. Quality food and a huge variety of freshly prepared and frozen items - a great spot to remember when planning a large dinner party.

Visited January 2014