“Fabulous Surprise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stratford
Birmingham Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 88 Stratford B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 June 2014

When we visited Birmingham Manor, Elena helped us settle in. When we came downstairs, our host told us about her breakfast menu for the following day, and inquired about allergies and so on. At that point, I realized that I had neglected to ask in advance about a healthy breakfast. (We are not fond of eating dessert to start our day, and too many B&B breakfasts serve high-sugar, high-fat repasts).

When we arrived for breafkast, Elena surprised me. She had changed her menu to accommodate my request (I had asked that she not contort herself). All of the guests enjoyed a lovely dish of baked eggs in tomato sauce with fresh vegetables, instead of the suggested menu that she had originally planned.

I have stayed at hundreds of B&Bs, and I have rarely experienced the extraordinary kindness that Elena and her husband extended to their guests. These two are amazing. Of course, the home is gorgeous, and I don't need to repeat the comments in previous reviews.

Finally, take note that if you happen to be an Italian student who would like to brush up on your language skills, Elena told me that she would be happy to help me practice.

Both the people and the home are exceptional. I can't recommend Birmingham Manor highly enough!

1  Thank Laura288

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have recently returned from a great week in Stratford where we had the good fortune to stay in the Birmingham Manor B&B. We cannot recommend this place too highly - the house is beautiful, the food is great (you won't need lunch) and the warmth and welcome provided by Dom and Elena make this a truly unique experience. Small but important touches make this place special - cold bottled water available in the hall fridge (with room to store your wine if you are inclined), a first aid kit with band-aids if you have walked too far, and delicious home-made biscotti always available. You leave feeling you have just spent time with good friends and look forward to your next visit - which, for us, will be next year for sure!

1  Thank Maureen C
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I recently spent a night and morning at the Birmingham Manor. I picked it based on past Trip Advisor reviews, and was not disappointed. For our purposes, it was perfect. We arrived on Saturday to take in both a Festival matinee and an evening show, and then needed a place to overnight, before heading back home on Sunday. The hosts, Elena and Dom (originally from Italy), were delightful. Their home is stunning, inside and outside. Our second floor bedroom, complete with a recently renovated ensuite bathroom, was spotless and elegantly appointed. As for the Sunday morning breakfast, enjoyed by several couples all seated in a charming dining room, it was superb (top marks to Elena for her cooking, and to Dom as sous chef). NOTES: 1. You'd be well advised to book the Birmingham well in advance (I booked it back in March, and we stayed in June); and 2. We found the walk from the Birmingham (where we parked our car) to downtown Stratford to be pretty easy - probably 10 minutes to the core, and then another 10 or so further on to the Festival Theatre (assuming average fitness).

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I spent two nights here on a trip to Stratford. The Manor is spectacular! A couple of nice surprises were the beautifully renovated bathroom and the scent free cleaners that are used. The breakfasts were delicious and elegantly presented. Dom & Elena were very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beth D
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This B&B serves an extravagant breakfast for all couples staying at the hotel around 1 table at 9am in the morning, which is a really unique experience to mingle with other travellers. The hosts were very accommodating for dietary restrictions (I'm gluten free and they had one of the best GF biscuits I've tasted). The breakfast even ended with a flour-less chocolate soufflé.

We statyed in the The Sandringham Room which has been repainted blue since the photo and has a newly renovated bathroom which is beautiful. Other than that the B&B is exactly how it is pictured on the website.

The only draw back to this B&B is that it isn't a convenient walk to downtown (~25min) but we didn't find this to be an issue as parking is readily available downtown for a very low rate of 40 cents/hour and free in the park.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My partner and I just spent a couple of days in Stratford to see some plays at the Shakespeare Festival. Of course there is plenty of Shakespeare and it is marvellous but we saw Crazy for You, the Man from La Mancha and Mother Courage. So the variety of performances is amazing. But back to the B&B, it is centrally located in a beautiful old (but very comfortable) home. The gracious hosts prepare a lovely full breakfast, the room we stayed in was beautiful with a modern en -suite bathroom. I can't praise it enough.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights while visiting the Stratford Festival. Very nice bed and breakfast -- excellent service, close to everything, clean and welcoming. Recommended for anyone visiting Stratford, Ontario.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple