“Pleasant and clean - if you stay at a motel, stay at the Festival”
Review of Festival Inn

Festival Inn
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Stratford
Reviewed 11 January 2012

The festival is a sort of upscale motel. The accomodations range from basic to luxurious, the food is pleasant, and there are many different rooms. I found that it was simple and clean, but I didn't have any real problems with it either. It is an affordable and pleasant hotel, and is very close to downtown Stratford. I reccomend it for anyone who needs a stop from driving but wants something nice.

Room Tip: choose a room that is farther away from the highway to reduce noise
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank broadwayfanatic

Reviewed 23 December 2011

We stayed at the Festival Inn for a synchronized skating competition in December. The hotel was filled to capacity as well as hosting various Christmas parties. The accommodations were clean, the staff was friendly & helpful despite being very busy and we enjoyed our stay. For those who need wi-fi, you have to go to the lobby but you can get a cord from the desk for internet access in your room.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank synchromom10
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We were at the Festival Inn for a work Christmas Party. They did an excellent job clustering everyone from the company together - albeit a bit far away from the actual party so unfortunatley we did have to pass a number of other peoples guest rooms before getting to our area. We had a beautiful room - which I must stay I have noticed was well updated since the last time we stayed. The room itself had beautiful furnature, a very comfortable bed, a mini fridge, etc. The bathroom in the room was a bit small & still a bit dated, however it was clean & well maintianed. On the bathroom note, a bit of updating to the public bathroom facilies by the party rooms would be of benefit to this hotel. There was a bit of noise - as anyone should expect during Christmas party season - but was well managed by very friendly staff who were out in the halls during the end time of the parties reminding everyone to quietly return to the rooms. I did however find that since rooms have ajoining doors, we could hear everything from the room beside us so that was a bit disturbing to us in the a.m., however we did not hear any hallway noise. I would definately choose this hotel for either a romantic getaway or family gettaway as the facilities (pool, retraunt, etc.) are also very nice.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room that is not connecting as the doors are not soundproof.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ohmy11
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We just returned from a wedding in nearby Shakespear, with accommodations at Festival Inn. Rooms were set aside long in advance for those of us coming from varying distances. While the accommodations themselves were most acceptable, the thinking of guest placement was not. We were located on the main floor, along a hall with a party at each end
of the hall ( Ifound this info out from the breakfast server the next morning who was just lovely, I knew of one party only). The designated smoking area was at the end of our hallway, so everyone had to walk past our rooms-ALL NIGHT. Thank goodness for the extra pillows, which were placed over our heads by 2am so we could get some sleep. Another guest gave his opinions to the manager this morning, and funny, we were not asked how our stay was upon checkout. Most unimpressed. Several guests did call the desk to have noise quieted down repeatedly. As we are not partiers, we can only assume the management thought we would be drunk and pass out as well.

Room Tip: Be VERY specific when booking.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ccripps
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We stayed overnight in early September. After checking in, my wife and I were dismayed to hear the constant stream of screamed obscenities and wall-bangings of the slobbering drunk guests right next door. I could hear them through my headphones! They were a group of local mechanics who seemed to have left their jobs early to join pals in a wild drinking bout----in the middle of the afternoon! They were so loud, that when I phoned down to Reception to complain, I was able to a) quote verbatim many of those men's shouted words b) warn management that surely there was going to be broken furniture to deal with in that room of partiers. I suppose our disappointment stems from the fact that WE were the ones who eventually had to be given a new room. Oddly, the first room offered was right below those partiers (??). Of course, we declined that and ended up in a lesser room elsewhere. We'd have felt better about this whole fiasco, if only management had shown the slightest intent to deal directly with those idiots and either turf them out, call the cops or move them to a new locale. Note that our polite request for porter help with our luggage was declined. We will never stay at this place again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zebecToronto
Reviewed 24 September 2011

The Festival Inn has a strange setup in that it's more of a "campus" of buildings instead of one building. There is a main building with more hotel-like rooms, and then there a set of buildings on the periphery that are more motel-like. I imagine the rooms in the main building are the more coveted, and tend to get booked first. By the time my friend and I booked our rooms, all that were available were rooms in the motel-like sections.

At first glance, I was pleased with my room. It was spacious and clean-looking, if somewhat outdated. Upon closer inspection, however, I noticed that there were sections of the room that hadn't been vacuumed well enough, dust and dead bugs on the window sill in the bathroom, etc. The icky part, though, was the creepy-crawlies I kept finding in the room (both dead and alive). I understand that since this is a ground-level room, you expect to find a few bugs, but it was still off-putting to me. I killed one in the bathtub the first night (don't even know what it was, but it had many legs and was kind of big). The second night, I was in bed reading when I pushed back the covers and saw 3 baby spiders crawling under the covers with me (also now dead) The third night, I didn't see anything, but I woke up with a big red bite mark on my leg.

I thought the staff was pleasant and helpful, so service was fine. The pool and hot tub area - although I never used them - looked nice enough. However, my friend said there was no wifi in the rooms and we both verified than neither of our room phones worked.

Taking all of this into account, and considering that breakfast was not included and that it was definitely NOT within a reasonable walking distance to downtown or the theaters, I don't think I would choose to stay there again unless nothing else was available or unless I could get one of the rooms in the main building (I can only imagine those would be a lot nicer, so I would first try them before completely writing off this hotel).

The Festival Inn is a sister hotel to the Arden Park and the now-closed River Garden Inn. I have now stayed at all three, and the Festival is by far the one I liked the least.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank alesper
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Came here with school for the Stratford Festival.
Cons, breakfast was very slow (took 40 minutes for our food to be served) and there is no wifi in most rooms.
However, at breakfast the next day, service was unexpectedly much quicker, and we got out food within ten minutes (perhaps our teacher had spoken to the staff?). I loved our rooms, they were clean and very nice. the staff is very friendly, and although the hotel is not downtown, it's only a five minute drive away.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends