“Peaceful Retreat”

Festival Inn
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Stratford
“Peaceful Retreat”
Reviewed 18 April 2006

My Husband and I often spend the weekend in Stratford at our favorite Hotel. We are always greated by the friendly front desk staff especially Emma. She has always made all of our many stays with them pleasureable. Checking in and out are quick and easy. The housekeeping staff are always friendly and helpful. We have stayed with the Festival Inn many times over the last 5 years and always come back to them. We always feel welcomed and enjoy our stays from a weekend get away to our Honeymoon to our anniversary weekend. The staff, are always friendly and knowledgeable and are a real pleasure to speak with. The rooms are very comfortable, nicely decorated and are inviting. A very nice quiet retreat when you need to get away and relax. We recommend the Festival Inn to all of our friends and family and will continue to stay with them. Thank you again for your outstanding service.
Terri & Luke

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed 16 January 2006

Although it was acceptable for cleanliness and necessities we found the noise level high. We stayed in the newer two storey part near the entrance door and found that we could hear literally everything going on around us. Every tap that was turned on, persons in the hall, I could even tell you how many people next door had a shower and when a piece of toilet paper was torn from the roll! Not quite the romantic end to our evening in Stratford. When we checked in the attendent at the desk rarely made eye contact. Didn't eat in the restaurant and the checkout and parking were efficient. I would try another place next time we go.

• Stayed January 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Stratford hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2005

We attended a play in Stratford and wanted to stay in a decent hotel for my family of 4. I checked out a number of settings, but felt that the description of the Festival Inn was inviting and the website says that it is minutes from the theaters. I "assumed" that meant minutes within walking distance, but instead found our family staying in the 'burbs of Stratford along strip mall row.
Our room was VERY tired and on the second floor. We were doing a long trip and had large bags and NEEDED an elevator. But alas, none was to be had. The room was "roomy" but the fold out couch was very uncomfortable, the bathroom extremely basic, and it had very little to recommend it. We got nothing other than the room for our payment, when other hotels we have stayed in across Canada, offer some perks with the accommodation fee such as breakfast included.
I love Stratford but will NOT be staying at the Festival Inn again if I have any other option.

• Stayed August 2005
9 Thank savannahcat
Lakeshore, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2004

Although the Festival Inn has been around for a long time and the accommodations are not the main attraction for us when visiting Stratford, my fondest memory of this tudor-styled place is the good food.. especially the unique and hearty soup. I do not remember the name.. perhaps Mullagatawney or Cock-a-leekie... but the flavour and warmth stayed with us for a long time. Thanks

10 Thank Margit_Lakeshore_ON
Reviewed 16 February 2004

I am writing because of the other reviews. I have been working in Stratford a little, off season, so the prices didn't seem expensive. I could see someone having a very different experience because of the different quality of the rooms. It seems that the property grew up with the festival, I have stayed in the newest part of the property and in some of the older rooms. The newer being like a hotel and the older being like a motel. (I have also stayed in Toronto's Royal York in a tired room.) I have stayed above the bar in small town Alberta and overlooking the lake in a Kempinski property in Germany. Stratford is not getting a Four Seasons and if you expect one you will be disappointed, but this is a nice little property. The food is good, the staff affable. If you don't want a pool, or a dining room, or a bar, or a meeting room or to be in Stratford, a Motel 6 somewhere else might be fine.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
St Marys OH
Reviewed 25 May 2003

I have stayed at the Festival Inn 6 times. Be advised that you can stay at a much better motel, at half the price by driving to London, Kitchener, Sarnia, etc. The Festival is as good as you can get in Stratford, but it is one diamond. Best Western, Ramada, Motel 6, - where are you when we need you?

9 Thank sallylolo
Reviewed 6 December 2002

I've visited Stratford more than 30 times, and have usually stayed at the Festival Inn. My last stay was the weekend of October 5, 2002. I've stayed in the main building, the new annex, and the older motel unit. While I prefer the rooms in the annex and the main building, and have had problems with the older air conditioning unit in the motel unit, I've always enjoyed my stay. The staff is extremely friendly and accomodating. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The decor is not exceptional, but I don't go to Stratford to stare at the hotel walls. I've found the staff in the restaurant to be very patient and helpful with special orders. I have always eaten breakfast there. I usually have dinner in one of the many wonderful restaurants in Stratford--just because I like eating in different places-no reflection on the restaurant. I'm planning to go back to Stratford 3 times this year, and will stay at the Festival Inn.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member