“Great coffee and Canadiana”

Balzac's Coffee Roasters
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Stratford
Cuisines: Canadian
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Great coffee and Canadiana”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I enjoy Balzac's every time I go. I love it's fiercely Canadian flavors (the Atwood blend, ahem) and world class coffee options, its delicious bakery offerings, the friendly service, the cute patio. It's a great coffee place with ample options and seating, located most conveniently on Ontario street.

Visited September 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Good atmosphere, ok coffee”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The place is very nice decorated. I had a tea, but my husband had a coffee and in his opinion, it was just average.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Andy155019
Kitchener, Canada
“Great coffee!!!!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Three friends and I went to this coffee shop for coffee and a dessert this morning after a wonderful breakfast at another restaurant in Stratford. This coffee bar was GREAT! I enjoyed their "house" coffee and home made butter tarts. My friends also had some of the variety of coffee and tea along with other desserts for the counter top display. Everyone was delighted with the desserts and beverages. We will return!

• Visited March 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best place in town”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I'm a local and adore Balzac's coffee. There are so many options but no matter what you choose the coffee is strong and delicious. I usually get a caramel latte but they do have some seasonal picks that are very enjoyable. For the coffee this is the best place in town hands down.

Pataskala
“Stratford, Shakespeare, Balzac's”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We're not coffe snobs; we don't like Starbuck's; we do love Balzac's cafe latte in a bowl complete with artwork on top. We head here for coffee and to stay a while. This coffee house has a comfortable, airy-yet-cozy feel. We enjoy sitting on the high stools at the big window. From here I can people watch down the entire length of the room, or turn to lean on the counter and watch the street action, write or draw in my journal, while my husband works on his crossword. Local small group meetings take place here, and I'm always happy when the French speakers come in. Last week, chess games took place. We are from USA, always have our first coffees at the B&B, then head straight to Balzac's. It's like coming home. My only complaint this trip, they moved the large poster of Honore with the red background near to the door and replaced it with their location poster. The manager here is as nice as the barristas. Thank you for letting come and enjoy at our leisure.