“It is not really authentic Indian Food”
Review of Taj Restaurant - CLOSED

Taj Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Niagara Falls, Canada
“It is not really authentic Indian Food”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Decided to try this restaurant with a friend who is East Indian and who is a very good cook herself, the dish I had was a chicken dish with a currie sauce, after my friend tasted the sauce she confirmed that it was not home made, but tomato paste out of a can, it was not fresh tomates, the prices are pretty expensive, and the service was not all that good, after eating at my friend's home a week later, I was able to experience true Indian Cuisine. The deserts are way overpriced for what you get a $15.00 lunch probably only cost the restaurant about $3.00 to make.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank RosaElliott

Phoenix, Arizona
“Superb sauces, best naan on earth!”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This place has some of the best Indian food i have ever eaten, and i eat it whenever and wherever I can. In a town crowded with excellent but often very pricey restaurants, I would say this is the best buy for your money. The service is lovely, with the owner coming by to be sure we were happy. The chicken Chennai is wonderful, and so is the lamb korma, the tandoori chicken, the aloo gobi mutter (potatoes, cauliflower, peas). The onion kulcha and naan were exceptional. Even the pakoras--- usually a poor imitation of old cardboard--- was freshly made and delicious, accompanied by five sauces. We even had desert--- galun jamon and rasa malai. Both great. I suspect this place will soon be discovered and difficult to get into. The owner says that in off season (November through April), prices will be reduced by 25%. With or without that discount, the food is outstanding and the prices attractive. We'll go every time we go to Stratford. See you there!

• Visited September 2011
Halton Hills, Canada
“Really good Indian food - great location to the Avon theatre”
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I went with someone who had never tried real Indian food, so we kept it very mild. There were two of us and we had plenty to eat with the butter chicken, rice, and deep fried cauliflower. It was really good and my dinner companion really enjoyed it. They had a grand opening special which gave us 25% off. The bill was $40.00 with one glass of wine (tax and tip inc.).

The night we went, three of the staff had been called away to attend a funeral, so the wait time was a bit slow; however, the staff on hand were gracious and attentive. It was a lovely dinner and the show afterward topped off a very nice day.

• Visited August 2011